Colin and I were blessed again this year to have my crazy funny brother, Adam, stay with us at our house. He arrived on the 22nd and was here through Christmas Day. On the 23rd Adam's fiancee Corrie joined us, along with my parents, at our house for dinner and a gift exchange. It was a great time to spend with Corrie, and it was fun to bless the soon-to-be newlyweds with gifts for their new home together.
On Christmas Day we had a gift exchange with my family in the morning and one with Colin's family in the evening. In between the gift exchanges, both of our families met at my parents house for a lovely dinner of fried turkey with all the fixin's! It was delicious (once you've tried fried turkey, you'll never go back!). Colin and I are so blessed that our parents have been so flexible and willing to spend the holidays with one another. In fact, our moms are now the ones that initiate the meal together! We have done this for almost every "major" holiday meal (Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter) for the past eight or nine years. We are very thankful to have families that desire to not only have a relationship with our spouse, but also with our spouse's family. It is a true gift!!
This year Colin and I opted to not get gifts for one another, and instead we bought a new kitchen sink and faucet. I know, I know...there is no denying now that we are officially adults and getting old. We are very pleased with the new updated look, and we're very blessed that our friend Michael was able to get us an amazing deal on the whole set-up. Thanks, Mikey!! He and a couple of other guys from church even helped Colin install it. Here's a picture for your viewing enjoyment!

I should tell you, though, that my husband cheated, and I discovered on Christmas morning that Santa left me a CD and a DVD in my stocking! Thanks, babe - I love unexpected surprises!
I hope you all had a wonderful celebration with your family and friends!
No comments:
Post a Comment