Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Miracle - Part VI

Thank you for your prayers! Things went very smoothly this morning. We arrived at the IVF lab bright and early, and the team wes ready and waiting for us.

Mr. Wonderful took a few pictures today. I can't believe I'm doing this, but because I love you all... Here I am in the prep room before things got going this morning.


It was at this point that my darling Mr. Wonderful began singing "Lunch Lady Land." Think Saturday Night Live, Adam Sandler, Chris Farley, sloppy joes, and navy beans...yep, that's the one. How endearing... It did keep things light and make for a good laugh, though!

The procedure took about 40 minutes. I don't remember much, but I did wake up during the procedure (last time I slept through the entire thing). I remember trying to join into the nurses' conversation with the doctor, but I have no recollection of what we were talking about. I'm sure my contributions were very intelligent - ha! Because I was awake enough to remember, I did experience more pain this time. I must have fallen asleep near the end, though, because I have no memory of being taken to recovery. I was kept in my recovery room for about an hour. Mr. Wonderful joined me there. And it was then that we learned that the doctor retrieved several eggs (one more than last time even)! PRAISE GOD!!

Colin took a couple of "precious" pictures in the recovery room as well.



Notice my beloved heating pad in the first picture. That is about how I spent the rest of today. I took a nice nap after lunch...with my heating pad. Then I spent the rest of the afternoon/evening resting on the couch watching movies...with my heating pad, of course! The pain is manageable, but enough that I will be thankful when it passes. I do plan to go back to work tomorrow.

I will learn the status of things tomorrow including how many eggs fertilized and how the embryos are doing so far. Please, please, please pray for our embryo babies!! The next several days are so critical -- please ask God to put His life-giving hand on them and develop them.

Thank you, again, for everything. And, of course, I will keep you updated as I learn more.

6 comments:

Jaclyn said...

First of all...the pics are just precious! One day your babies will love seeing them :)
I am so happy to read this wonderful update. I was worried/prayerful all day.
I can't wait to hear the next update. So thankful everything went so well!!!!

Jenny said...

Girl, you gotta love those heating pads. I haven't had a procedure and I use mine all the time. You have earned it :)

So glad things went well. I know that our sweet Jesus is holding your little babies in the palm of His hand. His will WILL be done. KNOW THAT HE IS GOD.

love you, i'm still praying...

<3 jen

Rusty and Jennifer said...

Oh, I am so happy to hear that you are one step closer! I am praying for your little embryo babies tonight as they are growing in the lab!

sarah h said...

Love the pictures and the update! Thanks for taking a few minutes to give us the scoop while you're resting. During our small group tonight, we broke up into guys and girls to pray more specifically for each other and our friends. We went around the circle praying for the gal on our left... My sweet friend, Carolyn, prayed for Jon and me and you and Colin. Although unplanned, I thought it was especially fitting for it to be her as she and her husband have experienced a similar journey and she has a tender heart toward parenthood.

We'll continue lifting up you, Mr. Wonderful, and especially your precious little ones!

Anonymous said...

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your embryo babies! Cute pictures. You look good in a hat!

cristina said...

yup, "lunch lady land" will lighten up the mood.

SO glad all went smoothly. :)

thanks for the updates and the precious pictures--blue paper "hat" and you still look gorgeous.