It's 7am so obviously I do not have another update from the doctor yet, but I could not wait to say something to you all -- THANK YOU!
Ever since the nurse's phone call yesterday afternoon I have been struggling. For the first time this cycle I felt my defenses come down and I felt very attacked. I called a couple people who were at work yesterday to tell them the news directly, and they were understandably busy with their days. I felt like all they had time to hear was the "bullet points and bottom line" version of my conversation with the nurse and that was all they cared about. I hung up the phone with these people and I felt as though I was left drowning in fear for my babies' lives all by myself.
When I was in college I was in a Christian sorority called Phi Lamb. One of our chaplains told us that once we accept Christ and the Holy Spirit takes residence within us that the devil cannot reside in us. He cannot hear our thoughts or the cries of our hearts. The evil one is smart, though, and he can guess what we're thinking and feeling. And when he sees a moment of weakness, he pounces. He whispers all sorts of lies. He tortures us to fear and doubt. The chaplain told us that the only way the devil can hear us is when we speak out loud to him. So the first thing I did when I got in my car after work was tell the devil out loud to get away from me in the name of Jesus. I told him that I was a daughter of the most High King and to leave me alone. I then prayed to the Lord and gave my babies lives to Him. I told Him that I had trusted Him with my life for years now, and that I wanted to dedicate and entrust those babies' lives to Him as well.
Y'all, I know this last paragraph may sound weird to some of you, but it worked! PRAISE GOD because this unexplainable peace came over me immediately and stayed with me the rest of the night, even as I slept (which is a miracle because during this process I usually wake up several times a night with my mind racing).
Well, this morning it started to happen again. I started to worry. I started to wonder if I was being foolish to think that this could work. I got my bowl of cereal and as I do every morning I came to the computer to check blogs while I eat. I read a couple of new posts from my blog friends and then I went to my blog and read your comments to yesterday's posts.
WOW! I don't even know what to say except THANK YOU! To read your comments - some from friends I know well, one from family, some from friends I've known a short time, and one from a person I don't think I know - I was so encouraged. The Lord reminded me this morning through your comments that people are praying. He showed me that there are so many of you that have not and will not give up hope. I was brought to tears to think that even in my moments of weakness, there are so many others carrying this with me. So, thank you! Once again, the Lord has used you all to give me much strength. I am so humbled, so grateful. Thank you.
Thursday, May 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
A dear friend reminded me recently that "Fear is never of the Lord." He will never put doubt and fear in our heart, so every time you feel that, you have to recognize that it is from Satan. You got it right- speak it back to him, that he cannot touch you. You are protected by the Holy Spirit who will replace that fear with peace.
When I begin to feel anxious and afraid, I pray Phil. 4:8 "Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things" and ask God to fill my heart with His goodness and peace.
You have literally been on my heart constantly this week. I find myself praying for you, Colin, and those embryo babies all throughout the day! God has His hand on those little guys (and girls) and will protect them and nurture!
Keep us posted! I check the blog all day to see if there is any news!
I know you already know this, but just wanted to remind you that you are not going through this journey alone! I'm so sorry that you felt that you were stuck in fear and helplessness all by yourself. I'm sure that is especially hard when it seems like everyone else's lives are just spinning along as usual. We love you very much and are thinking and praying for you and your precious embryo babies often.
Keep us posted! We will be out of town this weekend but Mikey says he can check the blog on the phone.
Such an honor to be able to pray for you! Keep reminding yourself of who God is and that fear is not of Him. Remind yourself that God is present in this situation and he is the one in control. He already knows the outcome so there is no need to worry!
Praying you experience His peace today!
Erica-
Know that we ARE fighting for you. That's what the body of Christ is for. We can't do this thing alone, and I know that as strange as a 'blog' can be, at times, it does give me a sense that someone else is carrying the burden with me. It's such an outlet and encouragement to know that people on the other side of the computer, whether they know you or not, are fighting on your behalf. I do believe the Lord created blogging! ;0)
I was thinking yesterday, no matter what day your transfer happens will be precious, but I think it would be especiially precious on Sunday. :)
Praying.
Lindsee
P.S. I was in Phi Lamb, too! I was also the chaplain one year! LOVED IT! :)
Erica and Colin, I don't know what to say other than "God is GOOD....ALL the time." We continue to have hope and pray for you and your little one(s). Love ya'll.
OK...so, i just realized that if you have the procedure on Sunday it will be taking place on Mothers Day!!!! Oh My..I am just sitting here having a moment.
I am praying!!!
Post a Comment