Tuesday, August 12, 2008

This Man...


has the best laugh of anyone I've ever met. Makes me smile every time!

has been my best friend for over nine years.

is an amazing provider for our family.

eats enough for at least three people each night!

loves me despite the fact that I am one of the most difficult people to love.

has the best work ethic of anyone I've ever met.

scores an A+ in stubbornness, but only because of his commitment to excellence. He doesn't know how to do something halfway.

is an excellent "dad" who patiently works with our four-legged babies.

extends the utmost amount of grace and gentleness in dealing with me and my emotional roller coasters (even my temper!).

protects me and fights for me.

makes Sunday morning breakfasts at Panera the highlight of my week - two bagels, one shared cup of coffee, and an hour of quality, uninterrupted time together.

loves me as Christ loves the church. I have no doubt that he would go to the ends of the earth to take care of me. That's commitment. That's true love.

has the best set of broad shoulders - HOT!

has eyes that can look past my surface and see into the innermost parts of my soul.

is the best person to cuddle up with on the couch to watch a movie.

is the strongest person I know. His faith has been tested (multiple times) and has proven true.

is my hero.

loves to eat biscuits with any meal!

is committed to encouraging other guys in their faith, in their marriages, and in their careers.

has hands that are big enough to encase mine, and it makes me feel safe.

held me as I cried myself to sleep the other night. He didn't say a word. He just held me and let me weep.

is the father of my children.

is unbelievably romantic...down to every last detail. (Just wait until you read "Me & My Man - Part 14" later this week!)

is a gift from God. It is an honor to be chosen to journey with him through this life.

is my one and only true love.

is the best thing that ever happened to me.

is MY man.


Happy Birthday, Mr. Wonderful! I love you more with each passing day...well, each passing minute really.

11 comments:

Todd, Kari, Anna and Gracie said...

I am so happy for you!!! He sounds like a wonderful man, husband, and friend. You were made for one another!!

Okay, I hope your alright...I read that you cried and he held you. I will be praying that whatever upset you...God will place his hands to comfort you. I'm sorry you were sad.

God speed!!

Rusty and Jennifer said...

Happy Birthday, Colin!
What a sweet tribute to such a special guy. Although, I have to say- I had a similar post scheduled for our anniversary tomorrow, but now I will just look like I am copying you, AGAIN! :)
By the way, Rusty and I were just saying last night that we think Colin looks like Michael Phelps. Does he get that a lot?
Missing you and praying for you daily!

cristina said...

happy birthday, colin!

Jaclyn said...

This is SOOO sweet Erica. I am SO glad you two have eachother.

Thanks for being such a sweet friend, I appreciate your kind email and once again I have to say that you are SO strong.

Happy Birthday Colin...Hope you two go out and celebrate tonight!

xoxox

Anonymous said...

Honey, you are too generous with your words. You give me reason to smile. It's because of you that my birthday is happy! Love you!!!

JessicaB said...

Well put, Erica! And I certainly don't think you are difficult to love :)

Happy Birthday Colin! We think you are a pretty awesome guy too!

Jenny said...

Well now that I am CRYING and everything! Geez Louise! You sure know how to get a girl's emotions going!!

In all seriousness.... that was so beautiful. What a wonderful guy and he is so blessed to have a wonderful wife that loves him so well.

Happy Birthday Colin!

John and Joanna said...

so precious!!!

What a sweet story of love...the Lord is so good!!!

hugs!
Joanna

John and Joanna said...

so precious!!!

What a sweet story of love...the Lord is so good!!!

hugs!
Joanna

Ronda said...

Happy Birthday Colin! I hope y'all have a wonderful birthday celebration! Erica, your post is so sweet!

sarah h said...

Happy Birthday Colin! Hope y'all got to celebrate. I'm thankful when my friends are blessed by a wonderful man!