Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Blessed

Where have you been, Erica?

Finishing this beauty...

It's D-O-N-E!!
Hallelujah!

I only wish there was a way for you to see the inside pages. I think it turned out great, and hopefully this is something that will be cherished by our family for years to come.

All I can say is that there is no possible way I could have completed this without my girls! I am truly blessed with the world's best girlfriends: from Jennifer who met me on Saturday to deliver a box full of her scrapbooking supplies and tools, to the girls in my Sunday school class (shout out to B1!) who worked tirelessly on Sunday during the Superbowl game. Let alone the many of you who called or e-mailed me to let me know that you had supplies I could use if needed. I am so blessed!

In total nearly 35 man hours went into assembling our book (plus the time I spent shopping for supplies, running around my neighborhood taking pictures, and the multiple trips to Walgreens to pick-up developed pictures). Clearly this would have been impossible for me to complete on my own in this short timeframe.

I told Mr. Wonderful the other day that even if things don't work out for us on this particular case, the timing of this case was a blessing. If I was going to have a life book sprung on me last minute, I could not have asked for a more perfect weekend. God is so good!!

Our placement meeting is this Thursday at 3pm. We would appreciate your prayers leading up to the meeting - that God would prepare all of our hearts and make His Will abundantly clear.

Thank you again for all of your support, love, and prayers!!

10 comments:

Rusty and Jennifer said...

WOOO HOOO!!
I know that you are relieved to have it finished! I cannot wait to see the finished product!
I am so excited about Thursday and can hardly wait to hear if this is the baby that God has chosen for you guys! We are praying constantly for discernment!
I hope that you had a WONDERFUL birthday. Can't wait to see you...We have lots to celebrate!

Court said...

Well, this is definitely one of those times that you should judge a book by it's cover :) It looks wonderful! I know how much time and effort it takes, and how wonderful that you had your girlfriends around to help!

We're praying for the meeting on Thursday and we know that God is in control. None of this is a surprise to Him...now we just have to wait and see what He has in store.

sarah h said...

B for beautiful! Congrats, it looks great! I like Court's comment about the cover... very true. :) We're praying for y'all and are very excited for you.

cristina said...

it looks so cute....can you just take pictures of the pages open...would it be too much to reveal?

i will be praying. :)

Ronda said...

The cover of the book looks so good! I do wish I could peek into those pages! What a blessing that the Lord provided wonderful women to surround you and help you during this time. I am praying for you and Colin. May His perfect will in your lives be done. I love you!

JessicaB said...

Don't you know I am just itching to get a look in those pages! The outside looks great and I am so glad you had so much wonderful help getting it finished!

I am praying for your meeting on Thursday and your peace until then.

Jenny said...

Well the outside looks just perfect, and I'm sure the inside is too! I just wanna come sit on your couch with a cup of coffee and flip through it! (Well, I'd put the coffee down before I flipped through it. I don't wanna spill on all your hard work!)

I've been praying for Thursday!

Loveyou!

Marianne said...

It looks awesome. I can't wait to see pics of the inside. I am praying for the meeting on Thursday. I am excited to see how the Lord will grow your beautiful family.

Anonymous said...

Erica that is SUPER cute!

I LOVE scrapbooking but it takes up so much time!

Still praying for you guys!

Jenny said...

It is Thursday morning, and I woke up with ya'll on my heart! I am praying that God's Will will be done! Love ya'll!