Rights were terminated today!!!
PRAISE THE LORD!
We are now one major step closer to adopting our little man! Things went very smoothly this morning. We were told it would be short, and it was, except there was a lot more questioning involved than we expected. There were 4 attorneys present (1 for Nate, 1 for birthmom, 1 for birthfather, and 1 for the state), so I guess it makes sense that all four of them would need to make their presence known and ask questions to represent their client. Nate's CPS caseworker did a fantastic job answering the questions with confidence and clarity. We are so grateful for all her work on this case.
To be honest, though, I was surprised by the emotions I felt after I said goodbye to Mr. Wonderful and drove back home by myself. It was a very bittersweet morning for me. Sweet for the obvious reasons: I am beyond grateful to be past this hurdle in our journey, we are one step closer to Nate being legally recognized as the son he already is to us in our hearts, and I would have been devastated had today gone any other way. However, I shed some tears in the car this morning grieving for Nate's birthfamily. Circumstances a side, they are people with hearts and souls, and I am sad for them that they are missing out on the life of this precious little boy. Everyone who knows Nate is aware that he is beyond special - he is such a content, easy-going, HAPPY little guy who brings joy into any room. I am humbled that God saw fit to entrust him to us.
What a huge day! I am physically exhausted from all the emotions, and am so thankful to have seen the Lord's hand today in our journey. Thank you, Lord, for this precious little boy squealing with joy as he plays right now. Every good and perfect gift comes from You! And what a wonderful present you gave to exactly 8 months ago today.
Speaking of presents, I am now the proud owner of this beauty...

Thank you, Carissa, for my surprise last night! I LOVE it and am so excited to get this baby signed in a few weeks with you!!
A couple of weekends ago I helped Carissa get ready for a photo shoot with her hubby. It was fun to pick out clothes and play make-up artist before her big shoot! :) The super talented, Jennifer, did a wonderful job, and the pictures turned out AMAZING!! (Check out Carissa's sneak peek here!) I'm telling you all this as a shameless plug for Jennifer's photography work. She has captured priceless memories for my family in the past several months, and she is the absolute warmest, funniest easy-going photographer. So if your family is in need of some updated, fun photos (and honestly, who isn't?!), contact her (or me) soon!!
Thank you again for your prayers today!
15 comments:
that is fabulous news!! give him kisses from me :)
That is so wonderful! I was waiting for this awesome news!
Wonderful news!! Rejoicing with you!
PRAISE THE LORD PRAISE THE LORD PRAISE THE LORD PRAISE THE LORD!!!
So thrilled for y'all... I prayed for y'all in the car today :)
Also, I also got the PW Cookbook and have already "flagged" what I plan on making... so great!!
love you
Yay!!! PTL! (I am also secretly jealous of your new cookbook. ;) )
i got goosebumps reading this Erica! SO happy for you. Praise God!!!
Yay! That's awesome news! I was looking forward to checking after our small group was over, and I am definitely not disappointed. I'm so thrilled for you and look forward to sharing this outcome with those I asked to pray today. :)
Wonderful news and I agree with everything you said about my Jennifer - love that girl so much!
Woo Hoo!!!!!
This is such amazing, wonderful news!! I can't wait until this little man is officially a Brothers and I can post all the pictures of his sweet, cuddly, adorable self!
This post is a prime example of just one of the many, many reasons that I (and so many others) love and respect you so much. Your sweet, sensitive spirit is incredible. That in the middle of your joy, you are thinking of his birth family and their grief. Your wisdom and grace never cease to amaze me.
I have loved walking this journey beside you, for it has been your strength and comfort have gotten me through so many days. I am honored to continue to walk beside you and see what is in store for your family. I know that God has BIG things planned for all of you and I can't wait to see what He has up His sleeve next!
P.S.
You are in BIG trouble for making any reference to me on YOUR day. Are you crazy?
We are SO excited for you guys!!! I woke up thinking about you guys that day and prayed that all would go well. This is perfect!!
Oh, my word! I seriously felt like I looked at your blog yesterday, and there was no new news! Now there are so many posts and THE BEST NEWS EVER!!!! I'm sorry I missed this huge piece of information and this celebratory day! Congratulations, mommy! I can't wait to hear all about the upcoming months as your walk to adoption continues and is officially finalized. :-)
I seriously thought I already left a comment here, but I guess I just thought about it. I'm bad about that!
Anyway, I am so excited for you, Colin & Nate! What a special family you have and I'm so thankful for you guys. I feel blessed to have had the opportunity to share a little bit of your journey with you (and if you'd like to share him some more, I'm totally cool with that ;) go on a date or something!) Praying that the rest of the journey is short & sweet :)
Ps. I'm so excited about Dec. 5th!! And if you haven't looked at the mocha brownies...omg those look like they are to die for!
Pps. For anyone that is curious, Jennifer is everything Erica said she is, and I can't be biased since I had only met her once before our photo shoot :) I definitely hope to use her again at some point (if she'll have us of course! We aren't the easiest subjects to photograph) :)
I love reading your blogs, so pleased for you all, praise God for answered prayers x
Erica! I am just now getting caught up on all the blogs and this one just made my heart so happy. Keep us posted! And know that you are dearly loved!
Oh Erica, I'm just getting a few minutes to get up to the computer and wanted to check in. I had you guys on my heart and had the date on my calendar...but it was the first date of my illness. Now 2 1/2 weeks later, I'm catching up on blogs. I'm so incredibly thrilled for you guys. I know how bitter/sweet termination day can be. So thankful for all that God has done and looking forward to all He is going to do. Much love to you guys!
Post a Comment