On Friday evening, I went with a group of girls from my office to see the new Katherine Heigl movie "27 Dresses."

The verdict: This is a great chick flick! I laughed so hard during this movie that there were tears a couple of times! It has a sweet plot that kept me engaged the entire two hours. One side note: I highly recommend you see it with your girlfriends and not your man. I don't know what your men are like, but Colin only likes romantic comedies that he can find funny too. I laughed out loud throughout this whole movie, but it was definitely girl/bridesmaid humor that men cannot appreciate.
Summary: Plan a girls night out with your besties and don't miss this one. Two thumbs way up from me!
On Saturday night, my dear college friend Kelli and her boyfriend Steven came to visit us from Dallas. Our first stop, Lupe Tortilla - a must for any visitors from Dallas. Those poor folks are so deprived for their lack of good Tex-Mex! Next we took them over to Market Street in The Woodlands for a nice stroll and a warm cup of joe. We also saw the movie "Juno."

The verdict: It was fantastic! This movie is full of witty one-liners that had all four of us laughing out loud. The characters are extremely well-developed and dynamic. I will say, though, that for those of you that are struggling with infertility like me, there are some scenes in this movie that sting. It is afterall, a movie about a teenage, unwanted pregnancy. However, it is also a story of adoption. Infertility is a small part of this movie (the adopted parents cannot conceive), and I have to admit that even though it was fantasy, it was fun to think that I had something in common with the beautiful Jennifer Garner (well, her character Vanessa at least)! :) There are teenage characters in this movie, so there are naturally some crude comments and crude scenes, but they are small and do not dominate.
Overall, I highly recommend this Indie jewel. Another two thumbs way up from me!
Have you all seen any great movies recently (either in the theaters or on DVD)?
6 comments:
Thanks for the critique! I was curious about 27 Dresses and will definitely make a point to see it! And, you have much more in common with Jennifer Garner like a fabulous smile and beautiful hair! :)
Hey! Thanks for the reviews, I am dying to see 27 dresses! :) I also LOVED Juno. I was cracking up and at times I even forgot the Juno was an actress and not a real teenager. She is an excellent actress..
have a great day Erica!
Thanks for giving us the heads up! As for us, we have Blockbuster Online and watched Ratatouille on Saturday night. I absolutely loved it and I am picky when it comes to kiddie movies. We also have been watching My So Called Life - the old TV show with Claire Daines and Jared Leto from way back in the day. It is fun and scarey to see into the life of a teenage girl. Personally I watched the show when I was younger because Jared Leto was hot! :)
You sure do write a great review! Maybe you have a future career in this! :-) Okay, so I am now definitely ready to head over to the movies!
Love ya!
I just stopped by real quick to see if you have updated...and low and behold you had!
I had to comment because I too saw 27 Dresses this weekend and thought it was fabulous!! Def. a chick flick but def. entertaining!! I need to blog about it. And Juno, girl, two thumbs up!! Love it. :) Absolutely hilarious!
Okay, I just had to share in your joy! :)
Lindsee
P.S. Your plate is done!! Will you be at church this Sunday?
funny, we are working on a girls' nite to see 27 Dresses....hopefully soon.....
i have to comment on Juno--without ruining it for those of you who haven't seen it.
i saw how cruicial it is to work on our marriages--they are the most important relationship after the one we have with our Savior.
study your man and love him how he needs to be loved, respect him and honor him because GOD SAYS SO, be his cheerleader and his helper.
sorry if this comment wasn't as light and fun, but that movie hit some still-raw nerves.
geez, i better lighten up, huh? it WAS funny and i'd recommend it.
Post a Comment