I am not the most eloquent person with my words, especially when I am trying to express my emotions in writing. I often stumble over myself, and I feel like I don't do justice to the cries of my heart. I have always admired how songwriters use their gift to so beautifully express true emotion through lyrics and music.
The video below is an example of just this. It is a song, written and performed by Kellie Coffey, a country music artist. This is a song of her journey through infertility, and I think it is beautiful. She does a magnificent job of expressing the cries of her heart.
This video is tough to watch. There may be tears, so consider yourself forewarned! I hope that those of you that are struggling with infertility will be encouraged as you are reminded that you are not alone and that you are not crazy or weak because of what you're feeling. For those of you who have not personally experienced infertility, I hope that this video will give you a glimpse into our hearts in a new way.
This is especially appropriate given that last Sunday was the Sanctity of Life Sunday. Please be in prayer about the growing number of abortions taking place in our country - we need leaders who believe in the sanctity of life. Pray for the women who will be faced with unplanned/unwanted pregnancies this year - they need to know the love and support of the Body of Christ. Pray for the women who have made choices in their past that still haunt them - they need to know the forgiveness and redeeming love of our Saviour and the freedom that comes from true repentance - AMEN! Please pray for those of us who are struggling to conceive - we need to keep our eyes fixed on Jesus and trust in His perfect plan and perfect timing. This day is hard for us too...
Tuesday, January 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
that was so, so beautiful. Thank you for posting!
That's quite a song...
Wow! So amazing! Yes, kleenex definitely needed! Thanks, Erica!
That video is powerful and touching.
Post a Comment