Friday, February 1, 2008

The Birthday Girl says, "Let the Fun Begin!"

Yes, that's right...today is my 27th birthday! I say that with an "!" because I love it! My family is one that celebrates birthdays - big ones and small ones. We rejoice in another year. This annual milestone is not something to begrudge or moan, it is something to celebrate!

I received a beautiful birthday card in the mail from my dear friend Ronda. It sums up exactly what I feel about this day and the upcoming year ahead of me:

Front - "Live, Laugh, Learn, Love."

Inside - "Life is a journey filled with people to love, joys to experience, and new possibilities every day. Hope your birthday is just the beginning!"

Isn't that great?! This card reminded me that no matter what this year holds for me, this day is the start of something beautiful. I look forward to what I will learn this year - about myself, about Colin, about God, about my family and friends, and about life in general.

No doubt there will be good days and bad days ahead, but I pray that my 27th year is marked by the words on the front of that card - Living in the moments, much Laughter, Learning each day, and lots and lots of Love!

Oh, and since it's my birthday I'm taking the liberty to add one more word...FUN!

11 comments:

Jenny said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ERICA!!!!!

I also hope and pray that 2008 will be a year that is filled with joy and learning and growing and loving!

Love you!

Jen

Marianne said...

Have a wonderful birthday!

Christie said...

Happy Birthday! I hope enjoy your birthday weekend.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Erica! Hope you have a fabulous day!

Jaclyn said...

Happy Birthday Erica!!!!! I hope you have a wonderful day and I am praying that for your next birthday you have a baby (or two, or three...you never know!) making cute gurgly sounds at you!
Also- thank you for my sweet comment- made my day!

xoxoxo
Jaclyn

cristina said...

have a FABULOUS birthday!

Jess said...

I can still taste the lime from last year's celebration in your honor! Hope your birthday is just the best...big hugs from me, Greg and Carson.

Love,
Jess

Birdies said...

HaPpY bIrThDaY!! Hope you enjoyed your special day!!

Love, Kaye

The Boudreaux Family said...

Happy Birthday! I haven't looked at your blog in about a week. So much has gone on with you. You are a very talented blogger. I enjoy getting to see what you are up to. Your kitchen looks fabulous! We need to get together real soon. Let me know. I have a feeling this year will be very exciting for you. Love ya, Jody

Lindsee Lou said...

Happy Late Birthday, Erica! I hope your day was extra fabulous!!! :)

Lindsee

Ronda Kay said...

Happy Belated B-Day (online anyway!) Hope it was a blessed one! Can't wait to read all about the wonderful things you will have to blog about in the year ahead!