On this day of love, I thought it would be fun to reflect back on my most memorable Valentine's Day - Valentine's Day 2001. There are no words to adequately describe this day, but I will do my best to paint a good picture...
Colin and I had been dating for just over a year and half, but we had been friends for almost three years. On February 14, 2001 we were on the tail end of the most trying season in our dating relationship. Colin had been battling cancer for months and had undergone grueling treatments and procedures. On Valentine's Day 2001, Colin had his last chemotherapy treatment! He'd spent the previous night in St. Joseph's Hospital in Bryan because they had to administer the last 24 hour drip of treatments through an IV in his hand (the pick line in his arm had failed). We were on cloud nine that Valentine's Day as we checked him out of the hospital, knowing that this season was over; it was finished!
With the help of Colin's roommate, I planned a low key evening celebration for us. Colin had just had 24 hours of straight chemotherapy treatments, so he was obviously not up for much. That night we had a beautiful candlelit "picnic" on a blanket on the floor at his house. It was so perfect, so romantic. We treasured the time together, just the two of us celebrating this great milestone. I will never forget that day! Here are a few pictures from the evening:
What is your favorite Valentine's Day memory?
2 comments:
I think that was another "victory" for ya'll! :) How precious to see those pictures- thank you so much for sharing!
You both are amazing people and I feel blessed to know you. Hope this Valentine's Day will bring you much happiness. Thank you for sharing all that you are going (and have been) through. (Praise God! Yeah about the many eggs! :) )
Post a Comment