Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Victory #4 - God is so Faithful!

PRAISE HIM! My appointment this morning was so encouraging. First off, my Mr. Wonderful went with me today so that he could learn how to administer the newest shot to me (I can't do this one myself). It was such a blessing to have him there; I am much braver with him by my side. :)

My scan showed double-digit eggs - PRAISE GOD! The doctor was very happy with the scan and blood results. Although not all of the eggs will be mature enough for fertilization, it looks like we will have several healthy candidates instead of just a couple. Thank you for your continued prayers - God is listening for sure!

I go in tomorrow morning for one last scan and blood work check. My procedure will either be on Saturday or Sunday morning. Please pray for the following:
1) PLEASE PRAY AGAINST PREMATURE OVULATION!! The doctor is holding off for a day or two to let my eggs grow/mature a bit more, and he says that my hormone levels are still in a safe zone to wait. I fully trust that he knows what he's doing, but the risk is that my body could naturally ovulate before the procedure this weekend (and if you recall from my In Vitro 101 post - that would be a bad thing.).
2) That Colin and I will have calm, peaceful hearts. We're getting so close to go-time, and it is becoming increasingly hard to not worry.
3) Please pray for continued wisdom for my doctor, especially as he evaluates my results tomorrow morning. Ask for God to give him clarity and wisdom as to the timing of the egg retrieval procedure.

I cannot say thank you enough for your continued prayers! I am utterly amazed by all of your love and support. We can very clearly feel the covering of your prayers! Thank you!

"Trust in the Lord at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to Him, for God is our refuge." -Psalm 62:8

"Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you." -1 Peter 5:7

10 comments:

JessicaB said...

Erica I cannot tell you how ABSOLUTELY STINKIN' THRILLED I was to read this post!! Double digit eggs, wow! God is so Great, that is just incredible. I am so glad you got to have your sweetie by your side today. You guys are wonderful.

Continuing to pray for you!
Jess

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord!!! What great news! I'll be continually praying for this weekend's procedure to go ahead as planned.

Jaclyn said...

WooHoo!!!!! AMAZING news. I could just cry.....seriously...i might :)
I am praying...keep the updates coming!!!

Jenny said...

Oh my heavens Erica! You're so close! I am positively giddy! Okay- seriously girls- it's time to get our prayer on!

Love you! PRAYING SO HARD!

Jen

Jess said...

YIPEEEEE and YEA GOD!!!

Greg and I are keeping up with your progress and love being able to stay up to date on everything. I'm SO happy for your good news.
Our prayers are with you @:-)

Big hugs,
Jess

Jess said...

YIPEEEEE and YEA GOD!!!

Greg and I are keeping up with your progress and love being able to stay up to date on everything. I'm SO happy for your good news.
Our prayers are with you @:-)

Big hugs,
Jess

sarah h said...

YAY!!! Praise God! That's awesome!!

Lindsee Lou said...

That's awesome, Erica! Praise our Good Lord. Keep it comin'!

Ronda Kay said...

Words cannot express my excitement for you and Colin right now. I really am confident that the "One who calls you is Faitful and He will do it." Can't wait to hear about your appointment today!

Becky Kiser said...

Erica that is awesome. You are such a great mom already!!! :)