You all bless me beyond words! Here is the much awaited, highly sought after update:
My appointment this morning went well. I made some progress since Friday's scan, so PRAISE GOD for this victory! The doctor was very positive, but I could definitely tell that he was disappointed with the number of eggs. He is still going to move forward with egg retrieval later this week, though, so that is a HUGE VICTORY!
I am so encouraged that the doctor is willing to press on. The Lord taught me in my last treatment cycle that He is in control. I have felt His presence so clearly the past several days. Throughout today as I continued to process what I had learned, my head was going about 90 miles an hour with what if's and fears, but my heart was still and calm. I am experiencing the "peace that surpasses all understanding" that Paul spoke of! It's incredible. Thank you for your prayers!
To be completely honest, one of our greatest concerns about moving forward with IVF was that we would be left with numerous frozen embryos. We had legitimate fears about the possibility that there could be more than we could ever use, and that we would be faced with the decision of whether or not to put the embryos up for adoption for other infertile couples. It was extremely intimidating for us. God gave us peace to move forward despite these fears, and we felt confident that He would not give us more than we could handle (whatever that looked like). I truly believe that that is exactly what is playing out right now. God is going to give us exactly what we need for His plan. It may not be all that the doctor ideally wants, but it will be the perfect amount for His plan. I know with all my heart that He can provide us a child through this process if it is His will. And if it is not, I am trusting and believing that He will use our experience for His glory and that He will fulfill the desires of our hearts in His time and in His way!
I will go back on Wednesday morning for another check-up. Please pray for the following:
1) That I will continue to progress with strong, healthy eggs that are viable for fertilization;
2) Please pray against premature ovulation;
3) For continued wisdom for my doctor and his team as they evaluate my results and make decisions about how/when to progress.
Again, thank you, thank you, thank you for your continued faithful prayers. You all are incredible! The outpouring of love and support that we have received from your comments, e-mails, and phone calls has been an amazing source of encouragement and a huge blessing to us. You all rock!
I will be back Wednesday afternoon/evening with another update.
Much love,
Erica
"Do not be afraid for I am with you. Do not be dismayed for I am your God. I will strengthen you. I will help you. I will uphold you with my victorious right hand." - Isaiah 41:10
Monday, February 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Hi, Erica, I am Kaye Birdsell's sister, Mary. She just told me this weekend of what is going on with you trying to get pregnant and y'all's story. We had a hard time staying pregnant, which we found out was from a deformity in me that would cause miscarriages more often than not. Though our stories are very different, I can really relate to your anxiety and fears in the waiting and expectancy but also to the need for utter dependency on the Lord to carry you through. It's just not possible to stay sane it seems without being able to collapse completely, emotionally, mentally, and sometimes physically, onto His chest and into His arms. I am thankful that you seem to know that because that is one of the greatest things I learned to do during that time. To learn to do that made it all worth it. You are now in my prayers.
Mary
I've been keeping up with your blog and I'm praying for your guys. That is good news that you got today, and it is neat to see how God is in control of this touchy process. I can't wait to see what he does. And, thanks so much for your comment on my blog. It was really encouraging! :)
oh erica!! So thrilled to hear that you are moving forward with this crazy process. Such wonderful news. I am continuing to pray and I will continue to check your blog 10 thousand times a day for updates!
This is great news! We'll keep praying!
PTL!!! We are praying girl! Love you!
Erica,
I know this time is "scary," but you are doing great at leaving things in the Lord's hands. As you said earlier, you can't make your body doing anything other than what He allows. We are looking forward to future victory blogs when we read about the birth of your baby!
Love you,
Ronda
Post a Comment