Friday, February 8, 2008

Victory #2, but Prayer Needed (Please!)

I had another check-up this morning, and things went pretty well. There has been some progress since my scan on Wednesday morning, so PRAISE GOD with me for this! However, I am not making quite as many eggs as they would like. There have been no threats of cancelling the cycle (like last time), but I know they will definitely want to see further progress on the Monday morning scan.

How am I doing with all this? It's a mixed bag. I am encouraged - I have some precious eggs growing inside me! The nurse told me that my blood counts came back very strong and that it is likely that we could see some more eggs by Monday. She told me that overall I should be encouraged by today's results, especially when you compare them to last time. I am trying to stay positive and have a grateful heart, but I am also really scared too.

This ranks extremely high (probably #1) on my list of the most difficult thing I have ever endured. I want this so badly. This has been a passionate dream of mine for as long as I can remember. In the past I have typically been able to make things happen by studying more, trying harder, working longer hours, etc. But this I have absolutely no control over. There is nothing I can do but follow my medicine protocol and then be still and let the Lord fight for me. It's excruciating at times.

Thank you for your continued prayers. God is working - there was some big progress over the last week! Please continue to pray for the following:
1) That I will become a hen this weekend and make more, healthy eggs!
2) For a calm spirit and a trusting heart - The Lord is in control, and He loves me and has great plans for us. I need only to trust Him.
3) Also, please keep my Mr. Wonderful in your prayers. He has been working so hard at work. He’s come home after midnight every night this week, and he and his team will be working most of the weekend to finish this presentation for next week. Please pray for strength for him.

I’m heading to Fort Worth tomorrow for my friend Meg’s wedding – yeah! I am thankful that my dad has been planning on coming too. He’s definitely the next best thing if my #1 man can’t join me!

Have a blessed weekend!

5 comments:

Jaclyn said...

you were on my mind all day yesterday and I was constantly checking your blog for an update!!!! I am so glad things progressed and I will be praying for more progression on Monday. Please keep us updated!!!

Birdies said...

You have been and continue to be in my prayers, Erica! May God calm your anxious heart! May He lead you beside still waters and restore your soul.

Can't wait to hear from you on Monday!!

Lindsee Lou said...

Praying for you, sweet Erica!

Keep the good new comin'! :)

The Boudreaux Family said...

I look forward to how God will answer our prayers. I am confident the He has heard our cries. He will take care of you my sweet friend. I am hopeful. Love ya! Can't wait to read the next post.

Birdies said...

Any news??