Colin and I will be leaving soon to head down to the Medical Center for my procedure. I am glad this day has arrived! It is a blessing. There is no doubt that it is a milestone, a victory as we've been calling it. God has accomplished much - to Him be the glory!
I am anxious and scared beyond words, though. Not of the actual procedure, but I keep having this nagging fear that I will get down there today, and they will not be able to do the procedure for one reason or another. Mostly I worry that the eggs will be gone (like I ovulated early). I know that this fear is not of the Lord. I know that it is the enemy trying to steal my attention and my focus from the Lord. This is one of those instances where the only thing I can do is walk by faith. I feel like I'm falling short, though. Like I'm not strong enough and that I lack enough belief. Do you ever feel like that?
I keep being reminded of Abraham's faith. Over and over again that man believed and trusted in God alone, even in the most trying of circumstance. Today I am praying that both Colin and I will have faith like Abraham. Read this about Abraham from Romans 4:20-21 -
"Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God had power to do what He had promised."
I'll be back to update either later today or tomorrow.
Thank you for your continued prayers!
Saturday, February 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
The Lord sees you and he knows what you are going through. He loves you with an everlasting love and he will never leave you or forsake you.
I can't begin to say that I understand what you have and are going through; but, I know a God who does.
I know that in the fearful and dark times of my life he has sustained me when I thought I couldn't draw another breath...and wasn't sure I wanted to. I have four wonderful children...and one in heaven with Jesus. God didn't bring all my children to me in the same way...two were by birth, one by miscarriage, and two by marriage. There was a time in my life when I had none of them...the two by birth had chosen to leave me and live with their Dad, Jesus was holding the hand of the third, and I hadn't even met the last two yet. I came to realize that life...any life, is here to point us to God. So, I don't know what the outcome of this time in your life will be; but, I do know that if you are looking into the face of Jesus as you walk through it...you have been victorious!!!
My prayers are with you.
Your sister in Christ,
Sarah
Post a Comment