I know that many of you are thinking this is very lazy of me, and there is some truth in that thought. :) But you must also understand that I am very blessed because Mr. Wonderful LOVES working in the yard. Plus, I am a girly-girl, and I'm not a big fan of digging in the dirt or getting sweaty. But Saturday was a beautiful day, and Mr. Wonderful had already spent 7 hours in the front and back yards on Friday cleaning and prepping all of the beds, putting down new mulch, mowing and fertilizing the lawn. What a stud!
Here are the before pictures (taken Saturday, so it's after all of Mr. Wonderful's hard work on Friday but before my color infusion):



On Saturday morning we went to the local nursery where I picked out a new Azalea bush, a few Mexican Heather bushes and a flat of Zinnias for the front yard. I also picked up an Impatiens plant and another purplish plant for my front porch planters. The backyard already looks great (9 crepe myrtles and two additional beds with bushes), so today we just focused on adding some color to the front.
Here is the finished product:



I'm so happy with the way it turned out! I think it will only get more beautiful as the new plants and flowers "get settled" in their new home and continue to grow and bloom. Plus, they will compliment my existing lily plants when they regrow and bloom.
Here is a closer look at the Zinnia flowers. I think they are so beautiful, and they make me think of my sweet friend Nicole in Nashville (her niece's name is Zinnia)!

I hope that those of you in our part of the world were able to get out and enjoy the beautiful weather!
Have a blessed Easter weekend. He is RISEN!
3 comments:
Nice work! Glad you got to enjoy being outside. Your yard looks BEAUTIFUL!
Looks great! It sounds like you and I are a lot alike. My goal of the day was to add some color to our flower beds, but I wasn't about to attempt it alone and my "Mr. Wonderful" was enjoying the weather on the golf course!
Maybe you should send your "Mr. Wonderful" to my house....
Wow, Erica, I'm so impressed! It looks beautiful. And I love the Zinnias!! I actually didn't even know what a Zinnia looked like! Have a wonderful Easter! Nicole (if this works, it means I've finally figured out how to post a comment. I'm very proud.)
Post a Comment