This is where I spent my St. Patrick's Day evening:

Yes, that's right. The emergency room.
You see, in an attempt to plan ahead and make Pioneer Woman's lasagna for my small group meeting tomorrow, I sliced my finger open on an aluminum can. Pioneer Woman prides herself on using simple, easy-to-find ingredients with easy prep instructions. Leave it to me to complicate things.
Way to go, Erica!
Don't worry they were able to save my finger. :) Actually all I have to show for this battle wound is 3 stitches. I am a little proud, though, because you are about to see my first set of stitches ever (excluding those from surgeries)!




At least I wore green. I guess I got that goin' for me!
6 comments:
oh, no! my hubby would have put superglue on it and called it a day... :)
Oh my! When I saw that last pic, I had three thoughts...
1. How in the world are you smiling!!??
2. At least you had on green ...then I read that you too thought that!
3. How were you able to type after that?
Hope your finger is feeling better today!
Ouch! I've never had stitches but they totally freak me out!
You are one brave cookie!
poor erica!!! just what you needed...another medical procedure!!! I would be picking up take-out from now on :)
Oh no! Talk about an eventful evening! And girl, how were you able to type after that?!
Lindsee
Were you at Memorial Hermann? If so, I was just down the hall from you, in L&D. We could have met in the "real world"!
Glad you are ok. Thanks so much for your sweet words of encouragement and scriptures that encouraged you during this time!
Post a Comment