Sunday, March 16, 2008

I'm Still Swooning...

Yesterday was fantastic! Definitely one for the memory books. We spent most of the day with our great friends Michael and Jess at the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo. Here are the highlights...

We arrived at the Reliant Center complex full of anticipation. We were all dressed in our cowboy duds. Well, it's probably better classified as "urban cowboy" wear considering we were all in name brand jeans and shirts (not Wranglers and Ropers)!



We spent the first part of our time there eating greasy rodeo/carnival food - corndogs, fries, and funnel cake...dee-lish!

Then we walked around Reliant Arena and saw all sorts of livestock. The smell almost did me in, but it was fascinating to see these prized animals.



I couldn't get over the size of the cows above. These two captured my heart because they look like they love each other, like maybe they're related. It made me think of my sweet babies back at home...Awwww!


Speaking of babies, I couldn't get over how cute this little 5-week old miniature cow is:


After walking around the livestock show, we went over to Reliant Stadium to get settled in our seats. We watched the rodeo, including the saddle bronc riding, steer wrestling, barrel racing, bull riding, and the infamous calf scramble. It was really entertaining!

Now, here comes the best part of the day. This is where the swooning I mentioned in the post title comes in...

Our evening was capped off by an amazing concert from my boyfriend, BRAD PAISLEY!!

Jessica and I waited "patiently" for Brad to come out.


Then all the sudden the lights on the stage came on, and there he was!!

Jess and I were out of our seats screaming like teenagers. The guy behind us took one look at us, and leaned down to our husbands and said that they needed to get us out more often. Are you kidding me, sir?! This is BRAD PAISLEY we are talking about!

Brad sang a lot of his great hits including Letter to Me, Mud on the Tires, Celebrity, and Online. He even sang my favorite song, Everything to Me! I'm pretty sure he was looking right at me and Jess as he sang.


Our reaction: much swooning!


My boyfriend...um, I mean Brad is an amazing guitar player.


He sang a lot of his fun "male" songs too including I'm Gonna Miss Her, Ticks, and Alcohol.


This guy in front of us cracked me up! He was in his seat the entire concert, but when Brad started singing the "male" songs, he stood up with his Budweiser through all three songs! LOL!


Brad did sing another fave of mine, The World, which led to lots of singing along...



Brad told us early in the concert that he would play until we all left. I yelled back, "I hope you brought breakfast, Brad!"

But unfortunately, all good things come to an end. Brad has a beautiful wife (Kimberly Williams-Paisley - from Father of the Bride!) and an adorable son Huck to get home too. His girlfriends were sad to see him go, though.


Our guys were troopers through the whole thing. Most of the time Mr. Wonderful and Mikey just sat there and laughed at us or made fun of us. You can probably see their bunny fingers in some of the pictures above. Mature, boys. Very mature.

Like I said in the beginning, it was a wonderful day/evening! Lots of fun things to do and see, awesome music from Brad, and great friends! What more can this girl ask for? Well, I guess there is one more thing. I got to go home with this guy:

My Mr. Wonderful! I'm still swooning...

7 comments:

Missy said...

Hi Erica. My name is Missy and I am de-lurking for the first time. :) I found your blog through a link to a link, etc....you know how it goes. Neway, I have LOVED reading your blog for a few months now and have greatly enjoyed hearing about your journey and have been so inspired by your heart! I promise I am not a crazy person, but would you mind emailing me? I have something to tell you that I know you will think is so crazy! Thanks! missybarfuss@gmail.com

Jaclyn said...

Erica,

I love this post. You and Colin are so cute and I can tell you and your friends had way too much fun.
By the way...you look so pretty in that pic with the baby cow. Love it!!!
Hope you have a wonderful week!!!
xoxoxxoo

Jenny said...

#1. You are adorable.

#2. I am a little bit in love with Brad Paisley :)

#3. Ya'll look you had SO much fun! I do miss the rodeo!

JessicaB said...

Thanks for sharing such a fun day with us! We had an absolute blast, already plotting next year's visit. :)

Love, Michael & Jess

Ronda Kay said...

It looks like you had so much fun! Gotta love those weekends! Hope you have a blessed week!

Lindsee Lou said...

Thank you for the wonderful recap of the preciuos Brad Paisley. Oh my gosh. I love him! I am so sad I didn't get to go see him. One of my absolute favorites besides Rascal Flatts! :)

Glad your weekend was great! You are a great blogger, Erica!

Lindsee

sarah h said...

yeehaw!! I'm a big BP fan as well! It looks like a fun night at the rodeo!