Saturday:
Saturday was an absolutely beautiful day. The sun was out. The air was cool and crisp. A great day for some outdoor shopping if you ask me! Jess, Chels, and I spent the afternoon exploring the quaint shops in Old Town Spring. It was so much fun. There were so many cute stores with great home decor ideas, jewelry to browse, and some great fudge too!
Beautiful Babes & a Hot Car (except for that nasty burnt orange color)

Chels (left) and Jess (right) - my precious friends. I thought it was appropriate to get a picture of them outside of the "Friends" boutique.

After enjoying some tasty Mexican food at Gringo's, we came back to my house and watched one of my all time favorite chick flicks - The Notebook!
It was Chels's first time to see it. It made us all laugh, and we were all in tears at the end. LOVE this movie! Two of my favorite scenes/quotes (in no particular order):1. At the very beginning when Duke is walking to get his medicine and you hear him saying:
"I am no one special. Just a common man with common thoughts. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten. But in one respect I have succeeded as gloriously as anyone who ever lived. I've loved another with all my heart and soul and for me that has always been enough."
2. Near the end when Allie is about to leave Noah to go back to the hotel where Lan is waiting and Noah is standing by her car:
Noah: "Will you stay with me?"
Allie: "Stay with you? What for? We're already fighting."
Noah: "That's what we do. We fight...I'm not afraid to hurt your feelings."
Allie: "So what?"
Noah: "So it's not going to be easy. It's gonna be really hard, and we're going to have to work at this every day. But I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, forever, you and me, everyday."
Such a beautiful love story! I've seen The Notebook more times than I can count, and each and every time it gets me.
Sunday:
Even though I had to wake up at 6am (which really felt like 5am because of the time change), it was so worth it because I got three precious hours with my best friend Ronda! When we both pulled up in the parking lot, we gave each other long hugs. What a huge blessing to have some time together, sitting across the same table (and not talking over the phone)! We met at Panera (I know, I am terribly unpredictable...), and I enjoyed my favorite:
Again big shocker to you all, I'm sure.We talked for three hours straight. We had so much to catch-up on, share with each other, encourage one another with, and laugh about. Our morning together was such a gift, so encouraging, and I will treasure it always. Speaking of gifts, Ronda gave me this present today:
It's a book called Baby Hunger by Beth Forbus. I flipped through it and most of the chapters are dedicated to looking into the stories of infertile couples from the Bible and trying to glean wisdom from their journeys. I can hardly wait to start reading it! Thanks, Ronda!It was so hard to say goodbye to Ronda. I am beyond grateful, though, for every minute I had with her this morning. She is a true blessing, an amazing woman, and a one of a kind friend.

Despite all this amazing girl time and all of these cherished memories, my favorite part about this weekend was this:
Mr. Wonderful is home from his camping trip!!
6 comments:
Sounds like a fabulous weekend! I'm so glad you were re-energized and encouraged by good friends.
ps. Jon and I love Gringo's and almost always request a visit when we're in Houston.
ps.jr. You've become quite the photographer! I'm so proud! :)
pss. We're officially homeowners!!
Oooh you DID have a fun weekend! And yes, anytime with Ronda Kay is precious time! Isn't she a doll?!
I'm glad ya'll had such fun, and I'm glad your husband is home too!
Have a great week!
P.S., I hear you are having coffee with my sister, I am jealous of you! :)
how fun!!! I always miss Jeremy when he leaves but girl time is so necessary!
I am excited to see you tomorrow! Hope you are having a wonderful day :)
Thanks for the recap and the good times on Saturday! It IS the best when the boys come home, stinky or not! :)
okay, now i need to make a trip to panera just for that breakfast. why do carbs photgraph so well?
glad you had a great weekend!
Okay, so did you take a pic of your breakfast when I wasn't looking??? It looks just like your breakfast, but I can't remember your taking that pic! So glad we got a chance to catch up in person! It's just never long enough though. Have a blessed week!
Post a Comment