I know that I shouldn't be blogging at work, but my dear friend Kelli just sent me an amazing heartfelt e-mail. The whole thing was so honest, so real, so beautiful. The last part grabbed me at my very core. It made me smile and cry (yes, I am crying in my office at work). Oh well, I could not wait another minute to share this with you:
"Forgive my metaphor here, but aren't the most exciting sports games the ones where one team is losing miserably? I mean they are losing so badly that the fans are filing out of the stadium because they have very little hope if any of a come back. The game is "over" even though there's still time on the clock. All of a sudden the losing teams miraculously comes alive scoring goal after goal in unprecedented style and before you know it, there's a shift. The underdogs have won the game in the last 3 minutes! Can you imagine the excitement of the crowd...they are going wild! Can you hear the roar? How unfortunate for those that gave up, but the excitement of those that stayed and got to experience it?!?...wow. Of course it's exciting to see your team win, but isn't it all that more exciting when it's clear the odds are stacked against your team and to see them persevere and conquer?!?
Erica, I don't know what God has in store for you and Colin, but I know that He has purposefully stacked the odds against you, not to harm you, but to make it even more apparent to you and those around you of His miraculous hand, whatever that unfolds to look like. There's still time on the clock, the stadium is packed, no one, not me, is leaving. We (those that surround you) pray with you/for you and beg God on your behalf in anxious anticipation and expectation for the day you emerge from this a new mom because of Him. I pray that your faith be NEW because He is the author of ALL things new."
Thank you, Kelli! Thank you for being open to the moving of the Lord. Thank you for taking time in the midst of your busy day to send these precious words. Thank you for reminding me what it feels like to have that tinge of excitement in my heart again. Thank you for reminding me that God's still at work, and that my friends and family have not given up on me - and more importantly on Him - yet. Thank you for reminding me that this "game" isn't over yet. I have hope again that this will be one for the record books. Not because of anything I can do (clearly!), but because no matter what, my team is going to "win" and the God of the Universe will be faithful to make His presence known!
Friday, April 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I too am crying...that is beautiful and, I am sure, much needed for you to hear today.
We aren't leaving and you and not done!!
love you!
Jaclyn
What great friends you have! That is such a sweet message of encouragement!
Just wanted to tell you that I am in too! I am no 2 %er and will keep praying until the day you meet your precious little one!
amen!! Very well said, Kelli. It is truly amazing to reflect on the hope that we have in our God's "game"/story... and that He includes us in it! Your chapter/inning/quarter will most certainly be one that bring Him glory!
Amen! Remember that our God is bigger than this! He will fight with you and for you. Praising Him for your fresh outlook. :)
Post a Comment