Monday, April 14, 2008

Locks of Love

Yesterday I had the privilege of going with my friend Carissa to get her haircut. Why is this routine event such a privilege? Because Carissa has been growing her hair out for about 3 years, and yesterday she donated it to Locks of Love. Locks of Love is a non-profit that makes wigs for children suffering from long-term medical hair loss (typically from cancer and other diseases).

They wisked her off to shampoo her hair before I could get a picture, so here's the best "before" shot I could get.


Here's our hairdresser braiding Carissa's hair for the ponytail to donate.


And in a manner of seconds, she cut the braided ponytail off!


Drum roll, please... Here is Carissa after with her new short and sassy cut!




We measured her braided ponytail before we left, and Carissa was able to donate nearly 16 inches of beautiful hair to those precious kiddos!


What a fun afternoon! Thanks, Carissa, for letting me part of this special day!


On a side note, apparently I must think that standing up straight is over-rated!

2 comments:

cristina said...

that was so cool.

thanks especially for posting the link--i've never gotten around to looking into this. :)

Missy said...

What a neat thing to be a part of! So glad you could be there for your friend. Thanks for sharing!