Friday, May 16, 2008

My Anthem as of Late

So as most of you know, Mr. Wonderful and I are in a season of waiting. And waiting sucks, by the way. (If you didn't already know that for yourself.) It's hard not to get anxious. It's hard not to daydream of different possibilities. It's hard to concentrate during the day because my mind wanders to the "what if's." It's hard to fall asleep some nights because my mind is racing.

It's very hard not to doubt. I often catch my own natural defenses preparing me for the worst and in doing so allowing a little sliver of hope to fade. It's also hard not to become bitter (especially when I feel bombarded with pregnancy/baby talk - Another couple announcing their pregnancy. Another celebrity couple having twins or just gave birth.) Waiting is just hard. Period.

But there is one thing I am fighting for during this waiting period. I am fighting furiously to NOT allow my heart to question the sovereignty of God. It is a hard battle some days, though. I must remind myself regularly that God is orchestrating His perfect plan, His beautiful story right now...He's continually moving even though I must sit and wait. And I refuse to allow the evil one to have any fingerprint or part in this story. It is HIS story alone.

I love Natalie Grant's new song, "I Will Not Be Moved." Absolutely L-O-V-E it. It is my anthem as of late. Every time it comes on the radio, I turn the volume up and sing it out loudly. It is my declaration to the world of where I stand. I hope you all find encouragement and strength in these lyrics just as I have.

I Will Not Be Moved
by Natalie Grant

I have been the wayward child
I have acted out
I have questioned Sovereignty
And had my share of doubt
And though sometimes my prayers feel like
They're bouncing off the sky
The hand I hold won't let me go
And is the reason why...

[Chorus:]
I will stumble
I will fall down
But I will not be moved
I will make mistakes
I will face heartache
But I will not be moved
On Christ the Solid Rock I stand
All other ground is sinking sand
I will not be moved

Bitterness has plagued my heart
Many times before
My life has been like broken glass
And I have kept the score
Of all my shattered dreams and though it seemed
That I was far too gone
My brokenness helped me to see
It's grace I'm standing on

And the chaos in my life
Has been a badge I've worn
Though I have been torn
I will not be moved


Thank you for standing firm with Mr. Wonderful and me during this journey! We appreciate your continued prayers, support and love more than we could ever adequately express.

5 comments:

Rusty and Jennifer said...

I know that you will not be surprised to hear that it is my favorite song right now, too! I blare it loud in the car and sing with all my might. People probably think I am crazy.
That is also the song and interview that I heard on the way to the doctor for my final blood test. I knew that He was speaking to me heart, reminding me that NO MATTER WHAT He decides to do, He is sovereign and good.
Hang in there!

Jaclyn said...

i love this song too. Turn it up and sing it girl!
I am praying for you. I am tired of waiting too! Has it been 2 weeks yet?????
I am praying for you erica and i know God has His hand over this situation. He is good!

The Boudreaux Family said...

Hang in there my friend. We know one thing for sure....God has something great planned for you. Still praying and believing.

Jocelyn said...

Erica- I don't know if you remember me, but we went to high school together and I clicked on you from Courtney's adoption journey page... and low and behold... Anyways- I just wanted to let you know that I am praying for you in this time of waiting. I myself have dealt with heartache since 2002 after making a decision for my health. I am now a mommy to 2 foster babies who are the most magnificent gifts God has ever bestowed upon me.
There is always a plan for the road of heartache, which I know that you know. And the waiting and uncertainty is the hardest part. If only we were told "this is where this road leads" or "let me tell you what happens in the end"... but that's where faith comes in. Hang in there and wait upon the Lord... you are in our prayers over here.

The Trombleys said...

I agree the waiting period before the pregnancy test is by far one of the MOST difficult times of waiting, especially when you've had difficulty getting pregnant. But if everything goes as we have HOPED for, your REST is so important right now. My sister (not Kaye, but Amy) reminded of Exodus 33:13-15 recently. I so often forget to live day to day, but tend to live waiting anxiously for the future as well. I am praying these verses for you and Colin.

Mary