Thursday, May 22, 2008

Tragedy - Please Pray


If you have ever listened to Contemporary Christian music then you have heard the beautiful music of Steven Curtis Chapman. He is a gifted songwriter and very talented vocalist. But what I admire most about him is his strong commitment to his family. He and his wife Mary Beth have six children, the youngest three they adopted from China.

I heard on the radio this morning that Steven and Mary Beth's youngest daughter Maria (5 years old) was killed in a tragic accident yesterday evening. She was accidentally run over by a car being driven by one of the Chapman's teenage sons in the family's driveway. I cannot even imagine the pain this family is experiencing. I cannot fathom the devastation and grief, nor can I even begin to comprehend what specifically their teenage son must be feeling. Will you please pray for this family? Please ask God to embrace each of them tightly and give them a sense of hope and peace.

You can read more on Steven Curtis Chapman's website.

No comments: