I love being married to Mr. Wonderful. Absolutely LOVE it! I love the imperfection of our relationship because that's what makes it real. He leaves clutter on the bar in my kitchen and it drives me insane. And I have a bit of a firecracker personality and can get "lit" about some silly, pointless things, which aggravates Mr. Wonderful to no end.
But you know what makes us work? Our relationship is comfortable, predictable in a way, and we just "get" one another. To some this kind of relationship sounds boring, especially for a romantic relationship. They want passion and spontaneity; a life that they picture will be full of adventure and excitement. Our relationship is definitely marked by fun, romance, and passion. But at the heart of our marriage is understanding. In a world full of uncertainty and chaos, it brings me so much peace and joy to know that I have someone constant at home. I love that Mr. Wonderful knows how to love me without being told. I love that he can finish my sentences and that I can know what he's thinking just by looking in his eyes. To me, this kind of love, this kind of understanding, is more than I could have dreamed up. I am blessed to call Mr. Wonderful my husband, and also my very best friend.
Last weekend Mr. Wonderful surprised me with a weekend away at the Horseshoe Bay Resort outside of Marble Falls.

It was absolutely gorgeous and so relaxing. At first we were disappointed that our anniversary weekend was going to be tainted by our heartbreaking news. But once we got to the resort we so appreciated God's perfect timing. The weekend allowed us to relax and just be. It was so nice to be away from distractions, just the two of us, as we took in our loss and sorted through our emotions. It was peaceful and healing to decompress at the pool and out near the lake.

We also enjoyed a fun segway tour around the resort property and around the nearby neighborhood of lake front homes.

On our way home on Sunday we stopped to have lunch with my brother Adam and sister-in-love Corrie. We went to the Root Cellar (our favorite restaurant in San Marcos; next time you're in town you have to try it). The owner, Kyle, is a great guy and went above and beyond to honor us for our anniversary weekend.

Our celebratory time away was such a blessing! Thank you for your prayers for us that weekend!
On a side note, I want to take a moment to honor my man this Father's Day. This is a hard day for people in our shoes. Just two weeks ago, one of the things I was looking forward to most was Mr. Wonderful finally being able to stand up to be recognized/honored today at church as a dad-to-be. It breaks my heart that yet again another Father's Day has come and gone for him. But this one is different for us. And I believe that my man deserves some public praise. You see, today he is a father because we have about a dozen babies up in Heaven with their Daddy-God this Father's Day. And more than this, I am also confident that my man is still a dad-to-be. We are not aware of any children imminently joining our family, but I am confident that the Lord is moving on our behalf and knitting our family together even now. I can hardly wait to see my man in action! There is not a doubt in my mind that our children entrusted to us here on earth will be raised by a man that is the epitome of integrity, honesty, hard work, patience, and love. I once heard that the best thing a father can do for his children is love their mother, and if that's true, then my man will be a better father than I could have ever dreamed up for our children.
8 comments:
Beautifully said as always, Erica. Every time I write something, you write something similar, except 100 times better!
It looks like you guys had the same condo as us at Horseshoe Bay! You had the same view out your window! I know that it was great for you guys to get away.
Every time that I said a prayer for Rusty yesterday, I threw one in for Colin. I hope that you had a day to cling together.
soooo sweet. I know Colin is going to be a wonderful daddy one day soon!
I truly believe (and scripture supports) that the Lord often blesses women who have struggled to conceive with the most amazing of husbands. He knew your struggle long before you did and he hand-picked your Mr. Wonderful just for you. What an awesome testimony that God works intricately on our behalf to fulfill a plan in each of us. Love you!
That really is wonderful. You both will get through this with that type of love! It truely can conquer anything. Glad you enjoyed your getaway, it really was "good" timing.
although belated....happy anniversary to you both and happy father's day, colin. :)
I forgot to say that sandwhich looks AWESOME!
How wonderful! Way to go, Colin! It looks and sounds like the perfect get-away. Happy father's day...God has a child picked out for you and you will be an exceptional daddy mirroring our great Father in heaven.
Happy 5 years to you two! I vividly remember standing in a red dress on your special day and witnessing your vows to each other and the Lord. Y'all are a wonderful couple, friends, and very bright light for our God! Here's to the next five years! Love you both!
That sounds like an amazing time! I am so glad the Lord gave y'all a weekend to getaway and just be. He DOES know what we need and when we need it.
I haven't been at the computer much, but Jen called me after she read your blog when y'all got the devistating news. My heart was broken for you guys. Know that I haven't forgotten about y'all one bit, I am still praying that the Lord would give y'all a miraculous and absolutely amazing family, no matter how you get there. I haven't said anything because I didn't know what to say!
But, know that I am praying for y'all and think about you often.
Praise the Lord for wonderful husbands!
Much love your way,
Lindsee
Post a Comment