Sunday, June 29, 2008

We're Still Alive!

Hey, it's me again! I'm honored you still check my blog after my week of silence! I apologize. Not sure why that happened. I guess I didn't really have anything blog-worthy to talk about.

Having nothing blog-worthy isn't a bad thing in our world, though! :) Just means life is moving along pretty smoothly - PRAISE GOD! We are doing well. Thank you for all your prayers for us over the past few weeks, and specifically for any prayers in response to my last blog post.

The Lord has answered our pleas in amazing ways! Couples that are currently going through the adoption process are coming out of the woodwork, y'all! It's been amazing! And I am so blessed by these people, some of which I hardly know...yet!

In the coming weeks I have the privilege to meet some of these women, and I could not be more thrilled. I look forward to soaking in their experiences and asking them plenty of questions too. It would mean a lot to me if you would pray for these meetings/conversations - that the Lord would use our time together to give me insight into the various processes. And that with this information, Mr. Wonderful and I would have a new level of peace and begin to discern the Lord's calling and His direction for our family.

Those of you who have been through the adoption process or know someone close to you who has been there are well aware that this stage of the journey can be overwhelming. There are so many options, so many agencies, so many babies out there that need good homes. I'm not sure how any couple does this without the Lord as their Guide and without the prayers and support of their family and friends. So, again - thank you, thank you, thank you!

4 comments:

Rusty and Jennifer said...

Welcome Back! We missed you!
What a blessing to hear that God is bringing you the friends that you need as you walk through this time!
We are still praying!

Jenny said...

Blogland has missed our Erica :)

Court said...

Erica ~ Michael & I are looking forward to having lunch with you and Colin next week. Talking to other couples when we were first starting out (and even today!) was a huge help to us...hopefully we can be of some help and encouragement to you guys as well!

John and Joanna said...

Yes i agree with Jen! I was ready for a Erica update:)

So glad ya'll are doing well! Praying for ya'll!!!

Hugs!