Thursday, July 17, 2008

Me & My Man - Part 5

We pulled out of his driveway and headed to the movie theater. We talked as he drove, and we laughed a lot. We pulled up to a red light, and all of a sudden out of nowhere Mr. Wonderful leans over the center console and kisses me. It was a good kiss, sweet and gentle on my lips. I looked up at him in shock and said, "Whatever happened to the whole 'I don't want to go to college with a girlfriend' thing?"...

Part 5: Summer Lovin'

Mr. Wonderful looked back up at me with a smile that made his eyes sparkle in the street lights, chuckled quietly and then said, "I realized that when you have something this sweet you can't let it slip through your fingers." I melted right there in my seat. Well, first I leaned over and gave him another kiss, and then I melted.

The date was May 31, 1999 - and so it officially began!!

We were inseparable that summer. We spent as much time together as possible, whether we were just hanging out at each other's houses, running errands or going out on dates. We didn't care - we just wanted to be together.

We enjoyed getting ready for our freshman year of college too. We would compare notes after each of our respective freshmen orientations and fish camps. And we were ecstatic when the letters came in the mail telling us that we had been assigned to dorm buildings that were right next door to each other! We could hardly wait to get up to A&M and experience all that college had in store.

Going away to college is a huge transition for any teenager. And change is very hard...

7 comments:

John and Joanna said...

i can't handle anymore dot, dot, dot!!!

This is so fun Erica!! I just realized that ya'll were at A&M the same time my John was! and i was a freshman in highschool :) haha!!!

Can't wait to read more!!! This is better than any book EVER!!!

Jenny said...

I love that I've known ya'll for so long and I know a mere fraction of "your story!".

Love this and love YOU!

sarah h said...

awww :)

Summer lovin', havin' a blast...

Ashley said...

A link of a link of a link got me here (not exactly sure how). I'm totally lovin' this series!

Lindsee said...

PRECIOUS! I love that you leaned over and kissed him...how cute are y'all?!

I'm like Joanna...dot, dot, dot's kill me!!

Kara said...

Love it! Such a cute story...

Todd, Kari, Anna and Gracie said...

I'm SOOOOO happy I heard from you!!! You sound so sweet and I really think we are going to become great friends!!! Thank you so much for replying back to me!!! It really touched my heart!! I've been reading your blog off and on and I really love how you write about things...thoughts and feelings about your family! Thanks for sharing!

I also wanted to tell you thank you for allowing me to put that video on my site. I will do that later on tonight...as soon as the babies go down to dream land...((smile)) You have a great weekend aswell, and know I'll be thinking about ya!!

Truly,

Kariann