Where do the weeks go?
I can't believe a week has come and gone since I last posted. It's funny how sometimes life ebbs and other times it is as though the flood gates are opened wide.
Mr. Wonderful and I have been busy the past week taking the required classes at our adoption agency. We completed one class last week and two on this past Saturday. We are taking four more classes before this week is over, and then we'll only have a couple more to go from there. Whew! It's been busy and intense at times, but we are learning so much.
When I first saw the list of required classes and began calculating the time sacrifice that it would entail, I was a bit overwhelmed. I worried how Mr. Wonderful would handle them (I'm more of the classroom-type than he is, if you know what I mean). But we have both been pleasantly surprised and blessed so far.
I feel extremely blessed to learn these important facts and hear amazing, creative parenting tips with Mr. Wonderful by my side, soaking it all up with me. He has even been taking notes in class! I think a lot of women read the child development and parenting books and most men learn by hands-on experience. I feel very blessed that my husband is joining in the pre-baby planning/preparing/learning phase (even if it is because he's forced to!). And my heart overflows to see Mr. Wonderful soak it all up with an open mind and teachable heart. It is further evidence to me of his sincere desire to be the best dad he can be.
I've had a lot of women tell me that they have fallen in love with their husbands all over again as they have watched their man love on and father their child. And I look forward to watching my man in action as well. But I must admit that I have fallen in love with him multiple times over as I have seen him already begin to fall in love with our child - one that we know nothing about (we have no clue of it's age, it's health, it's skin color, if it's a boy or a girl, or even who it's birthparents are), but one that we are confident that the Lord Himself has ordained and selected for our family. It is a true honor.
Thank you for your continued prayers and support for us on this journey. We make a daily choice to have a good attitude and stay focused on God's promises and not dwell on our hurts and our losses. Some days we are more successful at this than others, but I know that we would not be standing upright if it was not for your love and strength.
We love you all dearly. Whether we are related by blood or marriage vows or not, you are all part of our family if for no other reason than you have selflessly and lovingly chosen to get involved. When the Lord's timing is perfect and we bring a child through the front door of our home, you will be a part of that miracle, that blessing, that victory. So thank you for never losing hope.
On a few other notes:
1) Congratulations to my dear friend Kelli and her new fiance Steven! When I look at their relationship the Lord work is so evident to me. He has been preparing this amazing woman and this fantastic guy long before they ever knew the other existed. Together they are a beautiful couple, and I look forward to all that God has in store for them! I am honored to share in their joy and look forward to celebrating with them next year! (And y'all know that I'm going to be in the center of that dance floor on their wedding day gettin' my groove on, even if I have a baby strapped to the front of my chest!)
2) I'll post the promised "Spontaneity in Pictures" tomorrow!
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I just emailed you to check in on how the classes were going...guess I should check your blog first :) I remember being overwhelmed at all the classes. We actually have to take 2 classes of ours again, that have expired. Fun times :)
I know that God has just the perfect child for you...and let me assure you that you will fall completely in love with that child (even more than you are now) the moment you see them. That's how it was for us with Maggie. ONLY GOD can do that! Isn't it awesome to have a loving God?!
Just wanted you to know that we're praying for you and soooo excited to see how God puts everything together for your sweet little family!
Hugs,
Court
So fun to hear about the process. And I love that your man is taking notes! Too cute. (Although, I am sure he doesn't like being called "cute"!) Still precious though....
This is so exciting! I am sure you are a bit overwhelmed but I am SO excited to see all this fall into place. I know God already knows your baby and he/she will be a perfect fit into your family.
Did you buy a crib??? I want to see pictures!! :)
So happy for you Erica!!!
Hey girl! Your blog is so fun! I am glad I found it. You should check out my friend Karen's blog, it's linked on mine. She has been through the adoption process already twice and working on her third. SHe has two adorable boys! She is an awesome mentor to me. I know she would love to answer any questions u might have!
Post a Comment