Monday, September 22, 2008

Full House


No, not this one.

I'm referring to my house.

And I'm loving every minute of it! We have been immensely blessed to have our electricity back for a week now. Several of our friends and family are still going without, and unfortunately last week's cold front is no more. The past several days we've had several friends, family, and coworkers come over for a break from the heat and to do some laundry, watch a movie, or have a snack.

I have always loved to host people in my home. I think it's fun to get the place cleaned up nice and then open the doors to our friends and family. It brings me so much joy to share life with others in our home, whether its a simple meal or just relaxing on the couch and talking and laughing together.

This weekend brought overnight guests - my favorite kind! Mr. Wonderful's brother stayed the night on Friday only. Then on Saturday afternoon my parents came over and have stayed ever since. Our dear friends Michael and Jess came yesterday afternoon and stayed the night. It was so fun to have six people under our roof last night - all three of our bedrooms occupied! Mr. Wonderful and I have always felt like our home was a gift, something that God has blessed us with so that we could in turn use it to bless others. So I am loving this opportunity!

I am still praying that the power will return for all those doing without. But, very selfishly, I must admit that I won't mind one bit if it stays off for a little while longer because I'm loving my full house!

P.S. I know that several of you have called to check on us. Thank you so much for thinking of us and reaching out to us! I apologize for the delay in returning calls, but things have been a little busier than usual. In a good way (see above)! :)

3 comments:

Jenny said...

How fun! I bet that has been a blast. What a blessing you are to your friends and family!

Enjoy your Full House... without the Olsen twins ;)

Ronda said...

I so enjoyed our conversation, Erica! You totally motivated me to get my own house spic and span. I hope you continue to enjoy your full house! I know you are a great hostess.

Sharon said...

Erica,
Thank you so much for your sweet comment on Jenni's blog. We are struggling to put our lives back together as Ike and we need all of the prayers we can get.

Sharon Woolley