Yesterday was my first day back. Our office is still without power and water, so we are working from the bank's West Houston location. My boss has been very understanding of all our personal situations, so we've been getting into work around 10am and leaving mid-afternoon. We're also carpooling from our side of town because of the gas shortage, so it's been nice to have car buddies. Although it's easy to get distracted with all that is going on in our city, being at work has been a blessing. It's good to feel productive like this again!
Mr. Wonderful is working remotely this week. Since our internet has returned, he is able to access e-mail and get some work done from home. It's nice having him around the house and available to handle our insurance claims, call roofing companies, and yesterday he even did some grocery shopping! Our grocery stores have limited supplies, and they are only allowing about 25 people in the store at a time. So not only did Mr. Wonderful have to wait in line to get in the store, but he also had to get somewhat creative with his meal planning as he shopped. He did great, though, and it was a huge blessing/help to me!
***If any of you reading this need a break from the heat, need to do some laundry, want to check your e-mail, or maybe your kids just want to watch a movie again, please come over! We'd love to have the company! Seriously, please don't even hesitate. Just come by...you don't even have to call first (because I know how terrible the cell phone reception can be at times!).***
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'm totally jealous that you have power. We're going on day 5 with no power. I wish I lived closer because I would definitely be over there. Glad you two made it through the storm ok. Love you.
I am one of the "power-less", but as of this morning I am no longer waterless!
You're so sweet to open your home like that.
I know what you mean about work. Something about it feels "normal".
:) So glad ya'll made it through Ike SAFELY!
<3 jen
way to go Colin, venturing into the grocery store! I can't believe about only letting 25 people in... that crazy! I'm glad that y'all are starting to (somewhat) settle in. Hopefully the roof can be repaired quickly!
Thanks Erica. I just called. That was both a blessing and ridiculously easy!
Post a Comment