
Like the rest of our area, we are "hunkered down" for the night (as they're calling it). So far we have only experienced gusty wind at our house. No rain. No flying debris. And we still have A/C! Y'all know how much this last fact blesses my heart because I hate unintentional sweat!
We had a few days of forewarning about the storm that allowed Mr. Wonderful and I to get prepared, so today has not been stressful. About 11am today we went for a jog in our neighborhood. Recently I have been able to run more than a mile, but today I could only handle the one mile trek around the neighborhood lake because of the head wind. As such, Mr. Wonderful made it home a good 10 minutes before me! (To a lot of you this sounds pitiful, but others of you know that this is still pretty huge for Erica, the mathlete!) I did lots of laundry and some cleaning around the house this afternoon while Colin worked from home. Tonight we watched a movie (my turn to pick so it was 27 Dresses!) while enjoying some good wine.
Galveston is getting slammed right now, and it appears the storm is heading almost directly north from there (so right past our house). Forecasters are saying it will be a strong Category 1 hurricane when it reaches our area. There are already several nearby regions that are without power, so we feel it is probable for us as well. I made a couple trips to the grocery store earlier this week, so we have plenty of water and food supplies here at the house and will be fine for a few days. However, if we are without power for a prolonged period of time then Mr. Wonderful and I will likely head to a friend's house (either someone in another part of town with power, or if need be will head out of town - maybe to Adam and Corrie in San Marcos). I know my limitations, people!
As for the night, though, Mr. Wonderful, Capri, Charlie and I are snuggling up together away from the windows and close to the TV (as long as we maintain power, that is). The worst of the storm should pass tomorrow (Saturday) beginning in the wee hours of the morning. I'll post tomorrow afternoon/evening with an update if at all possible.
We greatly appreciate your continued thoughts and prayers for us and our fellow Southeast Texans.
2 comments:
It sounds like y'all are well prepared! We're praying for Houstonians and those on the coast. Our house is available if needed! We thought Austin was going to feel a tropical storm, but now we're down to about 3 inches of rain and strong breezes.
I trust your alright now! It sounded like you had everything you needed....I think it sounds kind of romantic...you and Mr. Wonderful together...going through the storm together. Hang in there. I hope nothing was hurt too bad regarding where you live and your home. God Bless you!
Post a Comment