I knew that it had been awhile since my last visit in blogland, but I received a few sweet comments and e-mails over the last couple of days letting me know that I was missed and that is what motivated me to make some time for my little blog. Thank you, friends, for the lovin' - you know who you are! :)
Life has been C-R-A-Z-Y busy, and we're just starting to enter the hectic holiday season. Oh my! It's all good, though. I really can't complain. We've been busy, but it's been the good kind of busy - the fun kind with family and friends, the productive kind where you check off items on the to-do list, and the blessed kind where you are given priceless opportunities to really connect with those you love.
One thing that we've worked fairly hard on in the last few weeks is our adoption journey.
1) We finished our very last pre-licensing class - PRAISE GOD! (and now we know how to restrain a child - oh joy!),
2) Our A/C system passed inspection and we do not have any gas line leaks in our home,
3) Our fingerprints are in the federal system, and
4) We confirmed that neither of us have tuberculosis!
All we have left to do is some minor baby-proofing at the house, the fire marshal inspection and the home study. Once these are complete we can officially become licensed foster parents and will be in the system awaiting to be matched with a child. (The "matching" process could take anywhere from a few hours to several weeks - it just depends on the children that are in the system when we go live.) Holy cow! Can you believe it?!
The biggest thing holding up our fire marshal inspection and home study is the state of our house. Ike did a real number on our roof and parts of our home (especially our kitchen ceiling). BUT...are you ready for this? The contractors are scheduled to start our roof on Friday and begin the inside work early next week. Hallelujah! We are SO ready for this to be over. (I'll be sure to take before/after pictures for y'all). If all goes well, it looks like we should be ready for our inspection and home study in early December - yeah!!!
Thank you for your continued love and encouragement. And thank you for your continued prayers. Please pray that our home repairs go smoothly and quickly. And that I stay sane and patient through the process. Thanks!
Oh, and I'll leave you on this happy note - some friends and I are painting phase I of the nursery on Saturday. My heart may burst with joy - I am so excited! I am outsourcing phase II (Certain things are better left to professionals when you are a perfectionist. I know my weaknesses.) I'll have pictures of all this too...so stayed tuned!
Thursday, November 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Welcome Back, my friend. I know all to well how exciting it is to check off items on the "to do" list. :) Praying that everything goes smoothly with the repairs of the house, so you can get the FM inspection done. Can't wait to see the nursery and what you decide to do.
Praying for you in the days and weeks to come. God is working even now! Hugs :)
Painting the nursery?!! Yay!! I can't wait to see it and I am SOOOOO excited for you Erica. Planning for your baby(ies) is just so much fun isn't it?
I am glad the repairs are happening so quickly- it sounds like you might have your baby before mine even gets here. :) I am praying Erica, and I am truly so excited for you!
Welcome back! We missed you!
I am so excited for all of the progress that you are making in your journey! It must be such a relief to check those boxes.
I cannot wait to see what God has in store for you guys!
You know that my face is still on the floor for you guys!
I was wondering where you've been!!! So glad you're back and I'm excited to hear about all your progress!
Nicole
So glad you're back!! And I am all giddy about the nursery painting! Please post progress photos!!
love you
I am so happy for y'all! It looks more and more that our home will be done in December, so we won't be too far behind y'all in the adoption process! I can't wait to get our little ones together for a play date!
Oh, I am so excited for you!!! I have no doubt your nursery is going to be precious. I can't wait to see pics!
I am so glad you are back. I worried and prayed and then worried some more so I was glad to learn that you were just super busy. Have a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving. I have cabinets - Praise God.
So glad to hear things are moving along wonderfully for you guys. It is a whirlwind time getting everything in and checked off... but every check brings you one step closer. You are definately in the homestretch now!
Thanks for the update! I was wondering how things were going. Congrats on finishing your classes! I hope that the rest goes smoothly. Have a blast painting tomorrow! What a special time to think of the little one(s) who will occupy that room!! Can't wait to see pics.
Post a Comment