Saturday, November 1, 2008

My Prayer

This is the cry of my heart in this season...



This song and video are from the movie Fireproof. Mr. Wonderful and I had a great date day, which included this movie. It was wonderful, and I highly recommend it to all engaged or married couples (no matter how long you've been together!). It isn't a huge Hollywood production, and there are some parts with lackluster acting. But the message is very powerful.

When I heard this song, While I'm Waiting, in the middle of the movie, tears began pouring down my face. Although different from the premise of the movie, I am obviously in a season of waiting. And these lyrics so perfectly articulate the cry of my heart right now. Through the pain, I am hopeful and I have peace. I move forward one step at a time in obedience, girded with confidence in my faithful Father.

Lord, I trust you. And I will wait on You.

10 comments:

Sharon said...

Erica,
Tom and I had our first date since Ike on Friday and we went to see "Fireproof" and I loved it. It really doesn't matter how long you have been married because we have been married 35 years and it still had a powerful message. I loved the prayer, too, and cried right with you.

Rusty and Jennifer said...

WOW- how beautifully said! I am honored to pray for you during this season of waiting in your life and cannot wait to see what God has in store for you and Colin!

Court said...

Thanks for sharing this video...we haven't had a chance to see the movie yet, but have heard great things about it. The song really ministered to me today. It seems that we're always waiting....and in the midst of it all, I will worship! I will surrender. I am praying for you both!

Dash, Shae and Mason said...

Erica - If you haven't heard it already, you should check out John Waller's song "The Blessing" too. It is a great song about how we can live us our lives so that we are a blessing to those around us. Thanks for passing on this song - on my list to download soon! - Shae Connell

Nico's and Natalee's Proud Parents said...

You don't know me, but your post touched me as well. My husband and I waited for two years before God decided it was the right time for to become pg. We went down a scary and lonely road for awhile, but the Lord heard our cry and we are 8 month along now. God bless you and good luck.

Anonymous said...

We enjoyed this movie, too. I like how the video shows that "life goes on" even while we are waiting. Sometimes I felt like I thought the world should stop until we got our answer! And the lyrics are a good reminder: we can still serve and worship God while we are waiting. Thanks for sharing this!

Lindsee Lou said...

Haven't seen this movie yet, although I so badly want to even though I am not married, but thank you for posting this song! I too, am in a season of waiting! Of course, looks completely different from your waiting...but we're in this waiting together, friend! Praying for you.

Serving the Lord while I'm waiting!

Much love your way tonight!

Lindsee

Shane and Laura said...

I am praying that we can have a date night to see this movie before it leaves the theaters. Loved the song...perfect for our situation too!

Jenny said...

Blogland (and Jenny) misses Erica!!

Sharon said...

Erica,
I am praying for you and missing your blogging. Hope all is well.