Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year!

It's hard to believe that another year is behind us.

And what a year it's been! In many respects I am glad it's over. Yet at the same time, I would do all over again if it meant getting to where I am today.

2008 was a year of growth, and for that I am grateful.

My relationship with God has been transformed. I've learned that this world truly has nothing for me; it is not my home. The only thing constant in this life is that God is God. He never changes. Our circumstances don't dictate who He is. He is Love, unconditional love. He is in control and has a plan for our lives, a plan to prosper us and NOT to harm us. He is Hope. Hope that gives you new mercies and breath each morning.

My marriage is so much stronger. Five years of marriage in 2008. Ten year of knowing the man of my dreams. And I love him more now than I did even yesterday. He still gives me butterflies.

My relationships run deeper. I love my family in a new way. My friendships are more real than they have ever been.

And I've learned that it's ok to be me - exactly where I am with no pretenses.

So, really, what more can a girl ask for in a year's time?

Mr. Wonderful and I are expecting great things in 2009! I look forward to another year of "speakin' up" and sharing our journey with you.

3 comments:

Court said...

I know that it's been a roller coaster of a year, but how neat to know that God was with you on it...and that He is in control (especially when we realize we're not!) I am THANKING God even now for all He has DONE for you in 2009 ~ even though He has yet to reveal it. Believing and trusting in Him ~ true faith. Can't wait to rejoice with you! Love, Court

Ronda said...

I pray 2009 is one of your favorites! :-)

Sharon said...

Good to hear from you. I have been "Missing" you. I know that 2009 is going to be a much better year for you. BTW - we moved back into our home!!!