Monday, January 19, 2009

I'm A New Blog-Woman!

Where have I been all my bloglife? Living under a naive blog rock apparently.

I have wondered for months and months now about how my blog friends are able to change the font color, center their post text, etc. on their blog. I didn't have those options on my blog toolbar...until today!

I figured out that once you are signed into your blog through blogger, you can go to the Setting tab, Basic page (should be the one it automatically takes you to after you click on settings), and then scroll down to near the bottom (second to last question) and make sure you select "Yes" for the "Show compose mode for all your blogs?" Now when you go to create or edit a post you will have an Edit Html tab and a Compose tab on the right. When you select the Compose tab you will have all sorts of cool options like

centering your text

or right justifying your text

or changing the font

or changing the font color

Oooh, the possibilities are endless! :)

(I apologize for this ridiculous post, but I'd like to think that I wasn't the only blogger in the dark on this. I figure there may be some others out there. I want you all to experience the happiness I have found today in my new blogger toolbar! Enjoy yourselves, friends!!)

5 comments:

Court said...

I know..it's so fun and addictive...you should take a look at all the different blog backgrounds you can use now. If you go to my site, you'll see the link at the top of my page to take you to the site that I use all the time. It's just fun to make changes :)

Jenny said...

:) You are hilarious!

Ronda said...

Yea for learning something new! Praying for you this week! :-)

Margaret said...

Here's something else radical for you to try when you want to expand even more...

Check out:
http://www.thecutestblogontheblock.com/

Pick the BACKGROUNDS link on the left and you can pick any number of different background options. It gives you exact instructions for adding it to your blog when you click on the background you want. Maybe a light blue and/or pink background will be necessary really soon : )

Missy said...

It really is a whole new world. Looking forward to some "spruced up" blog posts. :) Just don't get too crazy on us.