Trust
Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
and lean not on your own understanding.
Proverbs 3:5
Trust.
Do you trust God? Really trust Him? Do you believe that “God is for (you)...”? (Rom. 8:31) I’m sure we’d all say “yes”, but sometimes our actions don’t demonstrate that trust we profess to have.
What does “trust” mean to you? The dictionary defines “trust” as “a firm belief in the reliability...ability, or strength of someone...”or “acceptance of a statement as true without evidence...” Infertility will teach you how to trust. The bible says that God has good plans for me (Jer.29:11), and that all things work together for my good (Rom.8:28). How can infertility be good?! I don’t know, but I trust in the Lord. When the crack addict is pregnant with her third child and I’ve started my period again, I trust in the Lord. When you read in the news about the young mother who drowned her children and you’ve had another failed IUI, trust in the Lord. When infertility treatment has drained your bank account, trust in the Lord.
God IS for us, God IS good, and God IS working in our lives, even when the outcome is not what we desire.
Trust.
(c) 2009 Sarah’s Laughter-Christian Support for Infertility & Child Loss
1 comment:
Thanks so much for sharing this! I am pretty sure that there are plenty of us out there who are dealing with trusting the Lord in some area of our lives. Thinking of you today :)
Post a Comment