Monday, March 2, 2009

Families {and Friends} that Run Together, Stay Together

On Saturday I completed my second 5K road race - the Rodeo Run in downtown Houston! It was another great experience made all the more wonderful because I shared it with my man and my good friend Jody.

I have to say that Jody and I rocked it on Saturday! Despite the cold weather at the start line and the big wind gusts throughout the race, we finished and we finished WELL! We were both lovin' the adrenaline rush at the end of the run, and it was so sweet to complete it together. (We ran the majority of the race side by side.)

We saw Jody's niece Tricia before the race. Tricia had a camera, so we were able to capture a few moments together. (Thanks, Tricia!)


Tricia, Jody, and me before the race


Me and my man after the race
Don't you love my signature trademark red face?!
I like to call it the "No-don't-call-911-this-is-normal" look. :)

Also, I have to brag on my sweet friend Christie. We saw her and her husband before the race (didn't get a picture, though). Christie completed her first 10K, and she kicked rearend!! She finished the 6+ miles with an average time of about 10 minutes/mile. Well done, my friend! I am so proud of you! :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so amazed by you! I still can't believe this is the same Erica!

Nicole

Court said...

Great job! I'm in awe...the only way I run is if someone is chasing me (and lately that's been Maggie!)

JessicaB said...

Way to go, friend! I need a dose of your motivation!

Sharon said...

Good job, Erica!

Anonymous said...

Haha - I get that same "red face" too! Kudos on your run!!

Katie said...

Any news from the agency??

Ronda said...

I had no idea!!!!! Congratulations! I am so impressed!