Mr. Wonderful and I decided to take Nate to church for the first time on Sunday. I'd say we did pretty well getting everyone together and ready on our first try, but we did not get out of the house in time to make it to the church service. We decided to just go to our Sunday school class instead, but we had some extra time on our hands. So what did we do?
We went to Panera, of course!
And a beautiful, humbling thing happened while we were waiting for our bagels at the counter. I was holding Nate in his carrier, and a precious little boy with gorgeous red hair and cute glasses approached me. He was probably about 7 years old or so, and I looked down at him and saw him peering into the carrier at Nate.
Boy (with a huge smile on his face): "Awww..."
Me: "He's cute isn't he?"
Boy (looking up at me): "You are a very lucky Mommy."
Me: "Yes, yes I am." (Trying to fight back tears through my smile.)
And then he ran back to his table with his family.
What a powerful observation...and out of the mouth of a small kid. Beautiful!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
You are one very BLESSED Mommy and Nate is one very BLESSED son :)
awww what a blessing! Can't wait to be a lucky Mommy too!
How precious!
So cute!
Love it!
Post a Comment