Thursday, March 19, 2009

First Status Hearing - Done!

Thank you for your prayers this morning! The hearing went very smoothly. No big outcomes from today - basically the facts of the case were presented to the judge and he agreed that Nate should remain in CPS custody. The judge seemed very pleased (maybe even a little surprised) that Mr. Wonderful and I were present today. In fact he even addressed us directly and was as encouraging as he could be this early in the case. I am very thankful for my mom's help with Nate this morning so that we could both be there; I think it made a great first impression with the judge. We also met Nate's attorney today, and she seems very nice. She will come out to the house to visit Nate in a couple weeks. Our next status hearing is scheduled for the end of April.

I will keep you posted as we learn more. God has been so faithful in giving us peace during this time, and I know that it is a response to the prayers of so many. Thank you!!

P.S. I don't know what to do with myself right now! MiMi took Nate for his first trip to Costco this morning, and since the hearing finished so early we beat them home. The house seems so empty without my little man around! :)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to hear! Louise just asked earlier if I had heard from you and now at least I have good news to share. Can't wait to meet the little guy and hear more stories from mommyhood.

Also, hope you had fun at the wedding this weekend.

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear things went well this morning!

Nicole

Carissa said...

Yea!! I'm glad it all went well and that it didn't take all day :)

Court said...

Great news! Not surprised! Glad that the judge acknowledged you...that rarely happens!!! God is good :)

Sharon said...

Awesome news.

sarah h said...

Good news & glad to hear it! Looking forward to seeing y'all on Saturday!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Love your blog....It it just inspiring...

Be sure and stop by my blog. I am giving away my first EVER BLOG PRIZE and its a good one.

I own a gift basket business and it is the most requested gift over the last 15 years.

I want to start blessing people often. I have decided that's life at its BEST.

Happy Monday!

beckyjomama said...

Hi -I found your blog through Lindsee. I was instantly intrigued because we have so much in common. My Hubbs and I were married June 7, 2003 and we also pursued adoption through foster care. We have a 5 year old girl to show for it!!! We also have an 18 mo. old girl through private adoption. God is soooo good!

I will be praying all goes well for you all! Blessings to your sweet family!

XOXOXOX
Becky Jo