Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Prayer Warriors - We need your help again!

I just received a phone call from Nate's CPS worker and apparently they have found an address for his birthmom and are sending a certified letter to her today. I know that I haven't shared many facts about his case with you, and I still think that is the right decision, but I will tell you that we were VERY hopeful that Nate's birthparents were completely out of the picture. So naturally this is a bit of a curveball.

To many of you who have experience with CPS/foster care this development is nothing big or that surprising for that matter. CPS is required to do their due diligence to locate birth families. We understand that we are still very fortunate with the facts of our case. But nonetheless this is a bit intimidating. I know that there are still many unknowns (this may be another person with the same name, it could be an old address, the letter could be refused at delivery, etc.) But I can't help but start to ask a million "What if..." questions.

Will you please pray? Please pray that the Lord will move in this situation according to His will. And that Mr. Wonderful and I would have perfect peace knowing that the Lord who orchestrated Nate's homecoming is still at work today!

Similarly, Nate's CPS worker told me today that she and her supervisor are recommending Nate's case be fast tracked. This means his parents' rights could be terminated in 6 months (September) instead of the standard 12 months. That means we could adopt Nate much sooner!! The caseworker is still recommending this despite finding the address today. Will you please pray that the judge will approve the fast track recommendation even with the address? I will be in court tomorrow, so I am hoping that once again that will make an impression on the judge and am praying that he will see that we are serious and will approve the fast track.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I will keep you posted.

Nate and I are off to his two-month check-up, so I will post his latest stats soon! I'm guessing we have a big boy on our hands... :)

8 comments:

Sally said...

will be praying!

Court said...

Oh Erica...I know how difficult those phone calls can be! I soooo feel for you right now. I know all about the "what ifs" that are creeping into your mind...but I know that this is just satan coming in. Don't let him rob you & Colin of your joys of being Nate's mommy & daddy! (Man, is he good at doing that at times!)

CPS does have to do their due diligence. You want every possibility to be crossed off before you finalize; you wouldn't want something to come up months/years later. This was hard for us to understand with Maggie's case and oh, it was scary! This is part of the "system" that unfortunately has to take place.

The Lord is in control. This phone call surprised you but it was not a surprise to Him. While we don't know why things happen the way they do, we have to keep trusting that the Lord understands and He is protecting each of you right now.

Praying for you right now and especially tomorrow. I am sure that the judge will be just as happy to see you tomorrow, as he was last time!

Now to Him who is ABLE to do exceedingly MORE than we can EVEN Imagine!!!!!

Love, Court

Rusty and Jennifer said...

You know that I have my face in the carpet for you!!
I wish that I could have magical words to encourage you, but you know it all in your heart. Just hang on to who you know the Lord to be in your life- your provider. His hand is still all over this. Try and rest in that, in the midst of all of your fears and the unknown.
I don't know what else to do but pray and trust that He is going to work this out.
Love you!!!!(almost as much as I love Nate!;)

Marianne said...

We will be praying over here for you guys!

Anonymous said...

We are definitely praying for you guys! It's exciting to hear that you may get the good news by September! We'll be hoping and praying that is the case! Enjoy all of Nate's new smiles and giggles...those are the absolute best!

Nicole and John

Sharon said...

No question about it - I am praying for you as I type. Keep the faith and know you are being prayed for by many.

Jocelyn said...

Praying for you tonight- that you will get rest even with these "what ifs" and court looming ahead. I know that feeling of dread, those questions of "seriously?" and "WHY??". It is so easy to jump to the worst... maybe it's some ineffective way to protect ourselves- so we're not caught off gaurd by the possibilities- imagine all the "what ifs". But I pray that you hold on not to the "what ifs" but to the "I AM"s, the "Fear not"s. It is a road that can- if you allow it- to bind you to God like no other time in your life- a God who is all-knowing, all-loving and complete.
My heart is so happy for your guys- hearing your stories of mommyhood, and it is aching for you as I hear your stories of getting first hand knowledge of this system. You have been called to something incredible in Nate's life... Fear not friend and remember that He IS [peace, love, comforter, renewer...]

Anonymous said...

Colin and Erica - please know that we will be praying for you. I know this is such a hard time for you both. Trust in God, trust that CPS will do everything right. Nate is such a precious gift and I can just see you all tears when he smiles at you...what special moments.

Love, Laura