Thursday, April 30, 2009

Court Update

Thank you for your prayers today! Court went well - short and fairly uneventful. That's great news as far as I'm concerned.

I need to get my little guy to bed so I'm going to keep this short and sweet with bullet point highlights, so bear with me.

  • Without sharing too much detail, during CPS's initial due diligence they located some compelling information that point to the true identity of Nate's birthmom. They must pursue this further and see if they can locate her. PLEASE CONTINUE TO PRAY OVER THIS! As I mentioned yesterday there are so many unknowns, but we must trust that God is in control! He already knows the outcome and we must believe that He will see this through according to His perfect plan.
  • The judge ordered today that Nate's information be broadcast as well. This means that CPS will work with the court to put an ad of sorts into newspapers and other publications asking that anyone with information come forth in court. (This is standard practice in cases with unknown birth parents.)
  • Our next court hearing is scheduled for early July, so the results of both of these due diligence searches will be reported at that time.
  • The CPS caseworker forgot to ask for the fast-track today, but she assured me that if the searches do not turn up anything it is highly likely that the judge will speed the timeline. There will be no need to drag this out any longer and keep Nate in the system if there is no contact with his birth family.
There are the highlights. Overall I feel very hopeful about what I learned today and how things went with the judge. Both Mr. Wonderful and I are staying positive and are so encouraged by the prayers and support from you all!

Thanks for hanging on with us as our journey continues! I am forever grateful.

6 comments:

Sharon said...

Thanks so much for the update. I have been checking off and on all afternoon. It all sounds very encouraging to me and I am praying for God's perfect will.

Carissa said...

I will be praying! I'm glad to hear there were no major new curveballs. Nate is such a joy! Can't wait to see some more of his smiles soon :) I hope he's feeling better after all of his shots. He's lucky he has such a wonderful mommy to love on him and take care of him (and his mommy is one lucky mommy too)!

Rusty and Jennifer said...

Thanks for the update. I was praying all afternoon.

If I am better by tomorrow can I still love on him Monday? I don't want to miss my Nate kisses!! I think it is almost gone, but will be in touch. I will understand if you want to reschedule.

Court said...

Glad to hear that things went well today. These first few hearings are usually pretty short and uneventful. Remember, that CPS has to do all that they can to make sure they investigate everything. They have to dot all the "i"s and cross all the "t"s. It will protect you in the end, even though the process is gut wrenching.

Your hope is in the Father, who has blessed you with your son. Rest in that tonight!

Jenny said...

Wow... what an exhausting process. I hope someday Nate realizes how much his mommy and daddy love him and how hard they fought to keep him :)

love you lady

sarah h said...

We will keep praying, and are glad that today went smoothly. Enjoy the weekend!