Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Heartland

Who knew that a wedding in a quaint Indiana chapel with no electricity followed by a reception in a barn could be so beautiful?! :)

We had a wonderful trip to Indiana over the weekend. Nate was such a trooper! Mr. Wonderful's family fell in love with him - no big surprise, I don't know how our sweet boy could not capture your heart in mere seconds! ;)

Nate experienced so many firsts while we were in Indiana -

1) His first plane ride - He did so well! I was so proud! He took a good nap during the flight and the rest of the time he either ate or looked around taking it all in. He was an angel!

2) His first swim - We took him down to the hotel pool for a quick swim with Dad on Saturday morning. Although he did not smile while in the water, you could tell that he loved it. He stayed in the pool for a good 30 -45 minutes and never even wimpered. He just looked around and kicked his legs! It was so cute!

3) His first wedding - Wesley and Shannon's wedding was beautiful! The little chapel was so endearing, the bride was stunning, and the reception was a fun, memorable time to reconnect with family!

4) His first dance with Mommy - Nate and I shared our first dance together and I must say that my boy is quite the gentleman on the dance floor - very smooth! ;)

I did learn a few lessons about my boy and traveling. Even though he is still small and sleeps good in your arms or his carrier or the stroller (even around a lot of noise), I need to do a better job about getting him at least one good nap a day while we are traveling. By Sunday and Monday Nate was a little irritable. Overall he was still pretty easy, but for a kid that normally just sits there smiling, cooing and taking it all in, he was definitely "off." Oh well, live and learn!

Next adventure...Colorado in August! My boy's first trip to the mountains! I can hardly wait!!

3 comments:

Court said...

So glad that you guys had such a nice trip and that Nate did so well! Yes, those naps are vital (to both baby and momma!)

How did things go yesterday? We've been praying!

sarah h said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! I'm so glad y'all had a smooth trip (and flight) and enjoyed the time with Colin's family.

p.s. Nate will be 2-steppin' in no time! Maybe we can dig up one of those hot stepper bandanas! ha! ;)

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see you guys in August!