N-O-T-H-I-N-G!
WASTING MY TIME!
AAAGGGHHH!!!
Thank you for letting me get that out. And thank you for your patience yesterday. I just needed a day to cool down and process before I posted.
First off, thank you, thank you, thank you for all of your prayers for yesterday's court hearing. They were felt and so very appreciated.
Unfortunately things did not go the way we had hoped. Quite frankly, it was a terrible morning for me. Please allow me to vent:
First, I drive downtown (30+ miles) to the courthouse in the pouring rain (like going 35 mph on the highway kind of rain - scary!). And then my pants and feet get soaking wet as I walked to the courthouse from the parking garage. Yuck! Once in the courthouse I get settled and the judge begins to call the day's docket.
Our case was not on the list.
And to top things off, Nate's CPS caseworker was not present either.
I was beginning to fume, but trying to stay composed. As soon as they allowed us to move about the courtroom again, I walked out to call Mr. Wonderful. But, wait, I am digging and digging in my purse and I can't find my cell phone. The same cell phone I had used to call Mr. Wonderful after I arrived at the courthouse that morning.
Yes, folks, I lost my cell phone at the courthouse - CRAP!!
Thankfully I had my work blackberry on me, so I used that to call home and vent to my man. Well, thank God, as I am talking to Mr. Wonderful in the hall, Nate's lawyer walks off of one of the elevators. I hurry over to her and tell her what just happened. She was pissed! She stormed off into the courtroom to get to the bottom of it and I waited in the hallway. When she returned she told me that we had been removed from the docket today and that we would be rescheduled for sometime in September.
All together now -
WHAT?!?!
IS THIS A CRUEL JOKE?!
AAAGGGHH!!
(Honestly, that is the censored version of what I was really thinking.)
So I left the courthouse, sans my cell phone, after no court hearing and proceeded to pay $10 for parking and put another 30+ miles on my car to drive to work after taking a 1/2 day of unnecessary PTO. Fabulous! Frickin' fabulous!
So friends...there is a glimpse of the downside of being a foster parent. Sorry to be such a complainer. But I appreciate you letting me vent some. We knew this process would not be easy (or even make logical sense at times), but we remain confident that the Lord has called us to this and so we will rest in Him. Plus, it goes without saying, that Mr. Wonderful and I would walk through hell and back for our little Naterade. He is our heart.
Again, thank you for all of your support and love! At the end of the day, despite the frustrations, we have hope and peace in knowing that all of this is completely out of our control, completely out of CPS's control, completely out of the court's control. And it is all - Nate, our family, etc. - resting safely and securely in God's sovereign Hands.
9 comments:
Erica,
I am sorry you had such a frustrating day! Thankfully our hope does not rest in our government, but in our Lord. I am praying God will work out all the details for your next court date. I am praying that everything will move along in God's good timing.
Amanda
Oh Erica, I know how you feel. Go ahead and vent. It's the only way to stay sane in the midst of the foster care/CPS/judicial process (and even then?!) Don't you just love those censored blog posts? If people ONLY knew!
I'm so sorry that things didn't go as hoped, but we know that the Lord is in control and that His timing is perfect - even when we don't understand. So, we rest in the knowledge that the ultimate decision maker and the ultimate time keeper is our Heavenly Father...and you take each day as it comes, loving your sweet little boy!
Here's hoping you have a much better day today. Love ya!
"a complainer"? Girl, that was nothing! Some people would have cussed out the judge himself after this happening a SECOND time in addition to the rain and cell phone loss! ;)
oh erica, i am soooo sorry. I would have for sure been in tears. I am praying for this entire complicated, stressful situation. I am thankful for God's perfect timing!!!
YUCK!!!! That really stinks, to say the least. I'm so sorry. Nate is incredibly blessed to have such dedicated parents.
Um, my response to this was not censored.
What a crummy day.
I am taking you to lunch. Guess I'll have to email you or call you at work to set it up though ;)
I have no words...except that I am so sorry. It's can be so frustrating and I am proud of you for such good sensoring of your words because... wow. I am praying for you guys- for patience- for both the process AND the people you are having to work with.. oh it can be so hard to understand decisions, mix ups, etc. Hang in there.
So sorry to hear about your struggles with the court. I can quickly see how any amount of patience would be lost. My prayers will continue to be with you!
Give my little boyfriend some hugs for me!
So sorry to hear about the court thing, but at the same time thanks for the honesty. It leaves us with the truth of what is to come.
Post a Comment