Thursday, July 9, 2009

Legacy

On one of our last days in Indiana, we made a special stop on our trip back to Indianapolis. It was important to us all that we introduce Nate to someone very special - his Uncle Ryan.




Nate's middle name is Ryan in honor of Mr. Wonderful's older brother, Ryan, who passed away from cancer in the 80's (Ryan was just 5 years old). It was a special time for our family to stop off at Ryan's grave site and bring Nate to the memorial place for his namesake.

What a beautiful memory that we will cherish always!

4 comments:

Kelli said...

What a precious precious moment. That picture broke my heart and made me feel so much joy at the same time!

Court said...

What a sweet and precious memory. Thanks for sharing that with us!

sarah h said...

How special. I'm glad y'all had the opportunity to make that stop.

Rusty and Jennifer said...

I know that Ryan would be so proud of Nate and honored that such a special boy is carrying on his legacy.

I love the picture. I am sure that you were able to capture some great shots from that day. What a sweet memory.