Please allow me this moment of cynicism...
Typical government - we show up and they don't have their act together this morning. Our case was not on the court's docket for the day. Fantastic. Nate's case worker spoke with the attorney for the state and learned that they made a mistake and our next court date should not be until September.
Are you kidding me?! September!!
Well, bless sweet Trina's (Nate's caseworker) heart, she kept pushing the issue and explained that she was going to request the case be fast-tracked today. She told him the circumstances of the case and was very adamant that Nate did not need to be in CPS custody for an extended, unnecessary period of time.
Well, PRAISE the GOOD LORD ABOVE! The lawyer agreed and we are now on the docket for this coming Tuesday, July 7th.
So that means another 1/2 day off of work for me. Thank you, government, for wasting my time and money this morning!
But THANK YOU, LORD, that we don't have to wait until September!
I appreciate all of your prayers today! I'll update you after our hearing on Tuesday.
Thursday, July 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Thanks for the update. So sorry that it didn't go forth today, but I am glad that you got it reschedule so quickly! We'll keep praying!
Ugh... at least July 7th is much better than September. That is aggravating though.
I know how frustrating these things can be, but like we said this morning....thankfully it got rescheduled so quickly! Hopefully the DA will have the case notes read by then!
Hope you guys have a wonderful long weekend and a great report on Tuesday morning.
It was sooo great to see Nate today! Maggie has been talking about him all day. She loved playing with his toys. Sorry she wasn't in the best of moods when we left...but you should feel honored that she wanted to spend more time with you & Nate!
That is so frustrating! I know that you heart must have sank, and I am SO glad that they are not making you wait until September! That would be insane! We will pray that they follow through this time!!
I am so sorry, Erica! But, praise the Lord for July 7th!!! We will be praying!!!
I am thinking I like Trina and I don't even know her! I am so glad it is not September and I have July 7 circled in red on my calendar.
Yay for Nate's caseworker and for the Lord who blessed y'all with her! Okay, we will be praying for Tuesday. SOOOOO glad you don't have to wait until September!
WOW! Praise God for such a quick reschedule date. We will be praying on Tuesday!
I am praying everything goes super smooth on the 7th!! I am so glad your case worker is fighting for you guys!!
sorry about this morning... it's so frustrating. but... WOW... fast tracking- that's awesome and also awesome that you were able to get on for next week- awesome and amazing. praise God indeed. this is an awesome first placement... fast tracking... i am in awe and very excited for you guys and nate. i will definately be praying again next week for things to go much, much smoother. and it sounds like you got a really good caseworker- really looking out for nate and what's best for him... which i know we all agree would be for him to stay right where he is and to make that happen as soon as possible!
Post a Comment