We left bright and early Saturday the 8th and flew into Denver. Nate did so well on the plane - a little squirmish but no crying!! I think he was so excited about our trip that he just couldn't sit still. ;) My mom and dad were on our same flight, so my mom came back and sat with me and the baby so that my man (and his long legs!) could go sit up with my dad in the good seats! My mom and I enjoyed the couple of hours to catch-up and play with Nate.
While in Denver for the reunion, Mr. Wonderful, Nate and I were blessed to stay at my Aunt Amy and Uncle Paul's G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S house. It was so first-class, including gift baskets in our room with yummy treats. And we were completely spoiled with a pack-n-play in our room, a high chair, and toys for the little guy!!
We spent a lot of time sitting on Paul and Amy's back porch visiting with the family:
One day we visited the Coors Brewery in Golden, CO for a tour and free beer, of course!
The next day while several of our crew golfed, a bunch of us drove up to the Red Rocks for a hike. It was breath-takingly beautiful! There was even an ampetheater there where they host concerts! (The night before we were there was a Kings of Leon concert - how cool would that have been?!)
We went on a short hike - about 1.5 miles - and the pictures below show some of the easier portions of the hike, believe me! Especially since I was carting around a nearly 20 lbs kid on my chest. (I LOVE the Moby Wrap, by the way! Thanks, Jamie!!!) I wish I could show you pictures of Nate in his carrier with his cute hat...too cute for words!

That's Michael on the far left, Adam displaying our prize, Corrie laughing, and Mr. Wonderful's lap.
Where is Erica? Oh, she's still hiding behind Michael.
We had everyone from our family who went to the game sign the ball, and the family let us take it home as a keepsake for Nate! It was only his second baseball game, and he already "caught" a fly ball. Mr. Wonderful likes to think it's a sign!
Another day we went to Breckenridge. We rode the Alpine Slide and rented bikes in the afternoon for a ride around some of the trails in town. It was a pretty quick trip, but we had a blast!
And we wrapped up the reunion on our final night with a dinner to celebrate my grandparents' 60th wedding anniversary! We spent the better part of the evening sitting around telling stories and sharing memories and words of encouragement for my grandparents.
We had a photographer come out and take some pictures of the family while we were there. Here is a picture of the two people who started it all - my grandparents - with their 9 grandchildren.
FYI - Corrie and I are currently conspiring on how we can get back to Colorado someday. Not for another vacation...to live there! I know, I know - it's cold in the winter, it snows. But, people, it is beautiful! I jogged most every morning I was there. I hiked. I biked. Me, Erica, did OUTDOOR activities! Willingly! I think living in Colorado would do wonders for my overall health. And for my hair. I had great hair days in Colorado. :)
7 comments:
Erica, I hope you know how much
I loved this post. Colorado, literally, is like my second home. My whole family lives there and that's where my parents grew up, so needless to say, we are there all the time. And yes, I too would more to Colorado in a heartbeat. It pretty much is perfect! And as for the hair? You're right on. Since there is barely any humidity, the hair days are glorious.
Also, we were there just about a month ago and stayed at Breckenridge for a week and spent a whole day at the fun part. The alpine slides were a blast! Glad y'all got to do all he outdoor stuff. You just have to when you're there!
And lastly, I too am the second to oldest cousin, so I know what you mean about all of them growing up ant it being more fun. This past month we went was probably the most fun I've ever had up there!
Sorry for the longest comment ever, just needed you to know that I thouroughly enjoyed this post!
Lindsee
I, too, love Colorado! Count me in on the plan! It really is so pretty there! By the way, you look BEAUTIFUL! I miss seeing your face and hope it won't be too long before we can catch up in person! I'm glad you had a wonderful trip with your family! Love ya!
Wow - sounds like such a wonderful vacation and time spent making even more memories with your family. I loved living in Colorado Springs and often wonder why in the world did I decide to move back to Houston? But then, I would've missed out on the blessings here :)
Hope Nate is feeling better!
Thanks for the re-cap! It sounds like a fabulous trip! That is too cool that y'all caught a fly ball... I've tried so many times and only got a bruise to show for my efforts. ha! Of course the scenery is beautiful and that's fun that y'all got to do some cool activities together. And, I love that there was special time to honor your grandparents. Memories of the reunion will energize them and warm their hearts for years to come!
Now you know why we go to CO as many times a year as we can!!! And, yes, I love my hair there too. That and the fact that if you wear makeup you look like a tourist in Summit County so I don't wear any makeup. We have been conspiring to move to CO for many years. My brother is already there. We said we would discuss again when our dog passes as she gets altitude sickness. Did you see my post on my blog about the chipmunk on the slide in Breck? Take care.
The trip looked fabulous! Next time, pack me in your suitcase!
Erica,
We just got back from Colorado too and saw some of the same sites as ya'll! Check out or blog
Post a Comment