Lots of changes going on at our household.
Good changes.
Exciting changes.
First, starting this week I am officially a part-time worker! YEA!! My new schedule is Monday - Wednesday, which gives me two additional days at home with my little guy.
Be still my heart!
Another change, Nate's beloved babysitter Carissa must go back to her "real" job in a few weeks (she's a kindergarten teacher - those lucky little kids!), so we had to say goodbye to her last week. I'm not so sure that this is a "good" change, but one we are slowly coming to accept. ;) Life has to go on (somehow), so today is Nate's first day at his new school (aka daycare). Thankfully Mr. Wonderful was able to go with me to drop the little guy off. And it went smoothly. No tears even.
When we were walking out, my heart strings were being pulled a little. I'm not going to lie, it was tough to leave my precious boy with people I don't know. To top things off it smelled terribly outside the daycare because they had new mulch laid over the weekend. So my heart is hurting and all I can smell is filth. Not the best combo! But this sweet little boy (probably about 3) passed on us the sidewalk with his mom, and he looked up at her and innocently said, "Mom, who pooped out here?!" Made me smile...somthing this mommy really needed! Thanks, God! :)
One last change, Nate started baby food a couple of weeks ago. So far we are 4 and 0 on the veggies! He's loved them all - sweet potatoes, squash, carrots, AND green beans! Next up...FRUIT!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Yay for good changes :)
First off, sooo excited that you are able to work part time...how awesome is that? I know it has been a blessing for me to be @ home with Maggie 2 days a week. You will love it!
I know it's hard to leave Nate @ a new place but I'm sure he'll have them all wrapped around his little finger before you pick him up this evening!
Way to go, Nate, on all the good veggies! You & Maggie are some of the few kiddos I know who eat the good stuff :)
Only a couple hours and you get to go pick your man up... you can do it : )
Wow, four veggies. Good job. Charlotte's had rice cereal for two weeks. I have her first sweet potatoes baking in the oven right now. Blender here we come.
Sounds like a good plan! Congrats on being a part-time worker! That's awesome. I'm sure you and Nate will have so much fun with all his "growing up" changes in the future. Veggies are just the beginning! Enjoy!
It was so good to talk to you today! I hope we can catch up again soon!
God sense of humor cracks me up.
Thank you, Lord for sending my friend a smile today when she needed it most. Even if she was laughing about poop.
Oh I am so happy that you are able to go to part-time... what a blessing for you and Nate. And daycare... sounds like you both handled it well! It will give him socialization and things which are good. I KNOW how hard it is though. But I agree with Court- he will have them wrapped around his little finger in no time!! Again- so happy you will have even more time home with your little man. And, maybe when I finally get to be a stay at home mommy we can even have a little playdate with our kiddos! :)
oh i know you are *loving* being able to be home with that sweet baby of yours :) Thats so exciting!!
I hope everyhing goes smooth at the new place!! My mom still coould cry about having to leave us...only a afew times!!!
Nate is a little eating machine :) Yay for aa his new veggies!!
Thank you for your sweet words about the run and Carson! PTL his numbers are at 29!! Huge praise!!
Hugs to you!!
Post a Comment