Sunday, February 17, 2008

Embryo Update

How do you even find words for this post? All we can say is "THANK YOU, LORD!"

The doctor called this morning, and all of the eggs that were retrieved yesterday took the ICSI fertilization. That is a miracle in and of itself (there are typically some eggs that will not accept the fertilization). Of those fertilized, about half of them are developing normally - PRAISE GOD!! We have a handful of baby embryos developing normally in the lab as I type this post. It brings tears to my eyes just to think about it. Wow, it is a true miracle!


Above is a picture of two embryos. Not two of ours, of course, but this gives you an idea of what they look like. My friend Laura told me that we may get to see our embryos when we go in for the transfer procedure. I am certainly going to ask!

We are scheduled for our embryo transfer on Thursday afternoon. We are so excited at what the Lord has done so far. Please pray that our baby embryos will continue to be strong and develop normally. We trust that the next steps are in His hands as well.

Please take a moment to praise the Lord with us and thank Him for all that He has done!

8 comments:

sarah h said...

Yippeeee!! Hallelujah! We are so happy for you and grateful that things are progressing so well. I hope that you are feeling well and recovering as needed. We're thankful for what the Lord has done thus far and what is yet to come! Sarah and Sherry

Jenny said...

This is just getting better and better! I know Thursday seems like FOREVER away! Continuing to pray....

JessicaB said...

Yeah! Hallelujah! We are so excited!! PTL

Jaclyn said...

Oh Erica!! I am so so so so soooooo thrilled for you. I will continue to pray everyday. SO AMAZING!!!!

Margaret said...

Life : ) God is so good.

The Trombleys said...

How wonderful! Praise God that He cares so passionately for even the tiniest of His creation!

Ronda Kay said...

Yea! Did you ever think embryos could be so cute? :-) I do hope you get to see yours before the transfer on Thursday. Oh, I just can't wait for you and Colin. Wow! What a miracle life is!

cristina said...

erica! i have been praying for you, but out of pocket and missed these last few posts. how WONDERFUL! i am SO excited for you guys and will be praying and waiting for your update.

keep your focus on God--phil. 4:8

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. 9Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.

worry is simply meditating on the wrong thing--continue to meditate on God's character and His promises to His children.