Sunday, February 17, 2008

My Hero

One more reason to add to the list of things that I love and admire about my Mr. Wonderful - he is brave enough to stick this into my hip! He did it!! Tonight was our first shot of progesterone in sesame oil. That's right, I said oil. It is a big needle and it takes a long time to administer because it is so thick.

Here are some pictures of our momentous evening:


(I asked him to smile in this picture. Although he was proud of himself, he was a little nervous too.)

This will give you some perspective:


Isn't he brave?! Thanks, Honey! You did wonderful! I'm glad because this will be our "date" each night for at least the next three weeks or so.

P.S. I did well too - I hardly flinched, and I didn't cry or say a word during the whole process.

6 comments:

sarah h said...

You're both brave! I'm impressed... and I love that you chatted through the procedure on Saturday! I love it! I'm sure you made their day! :)

Lindsee Lou said...

You are one brave girl. I hate shots! And girl, that IS one big needle. Scary.

But, glad you're making it a fun memory!

Mary Frazier said...

Hi my precious niece and nephew! I'm so thrilled to read your blogposts. AND even more thrilled to be a great aunt again! Erica - Colin is not only YOUR Mr. Wonderful - he's mine too! Colin has always been such a blessing, such a wonderful guy. I love him to pieces! I'm so happy that he is such a marvelous husband. I knew he would be! Our prayers are with you!!!!

Todd Brothers said...

Hey Erica, both of you are brave. This is a very exciting time! Someday I may be an uncle.

God is always there whether you realize it or not. In the good times and the bad. We must go through trials and tribulations to experience those mighty peaks. You have been waiting for this moment for quite a while now and I know you'll look back on this and know it was all for a purpose.

Todd Brothers

Jenny said...

I have chills! Shots are no fun, but I am SO proud of Colin, there is no way Grant could ever do that!

Ronda Kay said...

You're a brave girl! It's amazing how you are able to do things you just thought you never could do. But your babies are so worth it!