Well, I am up to four. That's right, four shots per day - two in the morning and two in the evening. I've been at it for a few days now, and I will add the fifth shot beginning on Wednesday evening. So far the shots have been pretty easy. I feel some pressure in my thighs after the injections, but I have not had nearly the bruising this time around, so for that I am extremely grateful.
I have to admit, though, that it has all been hitting me pretty hard the past few days. I think reality is sinking in, and I have felt fear and anxiety start to rear their ugly heads. Every bone in my body knows that the Lord is in control, that He has a perfect plan with perfect timing, and so I know that I should not worry. But then there's that one little bone deep down in me called Doubt. Doubt likes to remind me of all of the sobering medical odds/statistics. Doubt likes to tell me of all that could go wrong. Doubt thinks it's fun to remind me that last time my body fell short and didn't make enough eggs and everything was lost (time, money, dreams, etc.). Doubt leads to over-analyzing which leads to fear and fatigue.
I had been feeling pretty low today, but God used the amazing blog world to remind me of His Truth. I was reminded in a post I read today of God's words in regard to both Sarah's and Elizabeth's pregnancies. Both of these women were barren, but the Lord defied the odds and blessed each of them with a child. He said in reference to Sarah's pregnancy, "Is anything too hard for the Lord?" And again in Luke when He refers to Elizabeth being pregnant He says, "Nothing is impossible with God." So I have to believe that it is still true today -
NOTHING is impossible with my God!
So take that Doubt...I just hit you with my best shot.
(Ok, so the last line is kinda cheesy. But in circumstances such as these, sometimes all you can do is be silly and laugh!)
Monday, February 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey Erica!
Your post brought tears to my eyes... but Joanna shared with me something recently regarding doubt. Her little nephew is struggling with cancer and she shared that after the cancer came back they have adopted a new family motto: BELIEVE HIM! Believe that He will do what is best for you and Belive Him that He can do ANYTHING!
I am praying for you, dear friend!
Post a Comment