Not real sure why I picked that title. I guess it's because this post is a just a bunch of randomness called my life over the past 24+ hours. Here goes...
So yesterday was just one of those days that you pray will never repeat itself. Nothing catastrophic occurred, but it was just an all around stinky day. Work was yuck - I spent several hours doing the parts of my job that I like least. I'll spare you all the details, but let's just say it was one of those terrible, horrible, no good, very bad days at work. And it was L-O-N-G. At about 5:30 I just said the heck with all this and left!
Mr. Wonderful was able to get home around 6:30, which is unheard of for him, so that was a fantastic surprise! He and I went out for dinner since I was not so much in a mood to cook. I heart dates with Mr. Wonderful! He's great!
The next series of events are not so great. We get home from dinner, and Mr. Wonderful gets everything prepped to take my stitches out. It had been 9 days since my injury, and the doctor said to wait 7-10 days. I probably would have waited the full 10 days, but I was out of knuckle bandaids, so we proceeded. The removal went very smoothly. Mr. Wonderful did a great job! After the last stitch came out and I was examining my new scar, something horrible happened. Right before my very eyes my "scar" started to part like the red sea. Aghhhh!!! My wound hadn't healed all the way! Another L-O-N-G story short, we ended up spending 4.5 hours in the ER last night, saw no doctor, got home at 1:30am, and Mr. Wonderful (aka Dr. Wonderful) butterflyed my wound at home.
Lessons learned from this disaster:
1) Do NOT go to the Methodist Willowbrook emergency room. It is the slowest place on earth. Although I was highly entertained by the other patients in the waiting room, this place is not equipped to handle more than about 10 people at a time. Not good. Not good at all. (This is not where I got my stitches last week.)
2) Do not rely on the advice of the nurses on the dial-a-nurse hotline. I spoke with one at 7:45pm, and she told me to go get my wound restitched. Based on her "helpful" advice, Mr. Wonderful and I both lost 4.5 hours of our life.
3) This is the biggie! They cannot stitch a wound that is over 8 hours old, let alone a wound that is 9 days old. What was the dial-a-nurse thinking?!
Struggles of America! What a day!
The news I heard today, though, more than makes up for all of yesterday. I spoke with my nurse (a trusted one!) this afternoon, and Mr. Wonderful and I are about to begin another IVF cycle!! I will start back on the birth control pill later this week to begin the suppression phase of the cycle. We are cautiously excited and feel extremely blessed to have this opportunity again.
Now don't you start a worryin'! I will keep the blog updated just like last time. I would love for you join us in the next chapter of this journey, and would be honored if you'd pray for us too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Boo for those yuck days! The only good thing about 'em is they make the great days a little sweeter. I hope you have lost of great ones in the near future!
oh, sorry for the yuck day. :(
i'll be praying.
Isn't health care a mixed bag? A pain to deal with sometimes, but glad to have in an emergency.
Oh my gosh! That's an awful day! Ugh, I can't imagine how frustrated you were after 5 hours and still a messed up finger. Thank God for Mr. Wonderful! At least there was a light at the end of the tunnel. We'll be thinking about you as you take these next steps! Nicole
I am so excited for you as you start another round. I know how anxious you must be. I am praying for you, girl! I can't wait to see how God is going to work it out!
Post a Comment