I have been trying to come up with a name for this next phase in our fertility journey for some time now. I've even prayed about it. (Do you think it's weird to pray about blog post titles?!). Anyways, the word "miracle" has continually come to my mind and has been on my heart for days. I began praying with this specific word a couple days ago and asking God to please give me another title idea. It just feels scary to call this a miracle out here for all to read because there is no guaranteed outcome for this next chapter in our journey. The Lord has given me a strong sense of peace over the last 24 hours that "miracle" is the right word. I have begun to realize that no matter the outcome, this chapter will in fact be a miracle because I whole-heartedly believe and fully trust that God is going to show His face yet again. He will be faithful to move - some how and some way. That, my friends, is a miracle!
So hang on tight because here we go...
The Story of Our Miracle - Part I
As I mentioned several weeks ago, we have begun our third IVF cycle. We feel this will likely be our last. I say this not because we are giving God an ultimatum, nor because this is our last ditch effort before we throw in the towel. We are just getting physically, emotionally, and financially fatigued. Mostly we are slowly becoming emotionally drained. We know that God has called us to be good stewards of all our resources - not just our money, but also our time, our energy, our emotions, etc. We want to honor Him in these areas through this fertility journey as well.
We are extremely hopeful, though, in this cycle. There are changes in our treatment protocol this time that account for lessons learned last cycle, but our hope does not lie in that. Once again, we believe with every inch of our beings that this in the Lord's hands. He has every power and ability to bless us with a child (or children!) through this treatment, and that is exactly what we are asking Him to do. Ultimately, though, we are choosing to trust Him and pleading for His Will to be done!
My three weeks on the birth control pill are over, and today I went in for my baseline ultrasound and blood work tests. PRAISE HIM - the results were all very positive! My ultrasound was clean (no cysts or other problems) and my blood levels were where they wanted them. I have been given the all clear to begin injections tomorrow. I will start with two shots per day for two days, and then beginning Thursday it will step up to five shots per day.
We would be honored if you all would join us on this next phase of our journey. Your support, encouragement, and prayers have given us much strength in all of this so far. The Lord has used each and every one of you to send His hugs and love to us.
As we did last time, we plead for your prayers. Here are our initial prayer requests:
1) Please ask for God's blessing over this entire cycle. First and foremost we want His will to be done.
2) Pray for wisdom for my doctor and his team as we progress. Our next follow-up appointment is next Monday.
3) Pray for my body - both physically and emotionally - as I transition back into these outrageous hormone levels. Pray for a calm heart and patience for both of us. This will all be over by mid-May, which probably sounds very quick to most of you. To us it feels like eternity at times.
4) Lastly, I would be honored if you'd ask God to expand my ministry during this time. I want more than anything for Him to glorified through this season.
Thank you, with all our hearts!
Monday, April 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Erica,
I am Jennifer Woolley's mother-in-law and I love reading your blog. I began to pray for you again today as I read your blog. My Mr. Wonderful journals everyday and rewrites his list of prayer requests daily so he prays for each name as he writes it down. I asked him to add your name to his list and we will pray for you daily. Sharon Woolley
What an exciting and scary time. I will be praying fervently for you. Remember that fear is not of the Lord. When the anxiety takes hold, give that to Him to squash. He has you in His hands and is going to work this out in His infinite wisdom. You have such an amazing testimony already and I know that He will continue to use you in mighty ways, no matter what the outcome of this IVF.
If you ever need any injection help or anything at all, please don't hesitate to let me know!
I am praying!
erica,
thanks for letting us know how to better pray for you.
awaiting His miracle with you. :)
Erica!
Your heart is so tender. I just love reading about your journey. Seriously.
Know that I am praying for y'all. But, mostly that He would be glorified! Amen, sister!
Lindsee
Hey friend!
We're gettin back on our knees :)
Love you, thanks for letting us be a little part of your big miracle!
Jen
Even though it's been a while since we talked, the Spirit laid you on my heart this morning! If you went to my prayer journal, you would find your name there! Love you!
Exciting times! The troops are ready to keep praying! We're looking forward to seeing what further miracles God has in store for your story. ...and to think that His definition of 'miracle' is way beyond our understanding. :)
"Your thoughts are higher than my thoughts..."
Wishing you the very best! Love reading the blog and am here to offer support.
Erica,
I am so sorry I am just now commenting. You have been on my mind and in my prayers everyday. I am so excited to read along as you are walking this journey again and i am BELIEVING this is your time.
I am praying! Love you!
Jaclyn
Hi Erica,
This is Cassi (Dustin's wife) and Becky Kiser told me about your blog. I've secretly been reading your blog since you started it! I've meant to comment and just haven't. I have been keeping Dustin in the loop of your journey. He saw Colin driving the other day and they chatted on the phone for a minute. Then he met your friend Christine (?) that works at Weingarten. That is Dustin's new client. I will continue to pray for both of you. We are doing well! We really need to get together and catch up. I enjoyed having lunch at your home back in August...almost a a year ago! Wow! This year has flown by! Dustin and I celebrate our year anniversary next week. We are very excited and are going to dinner at our very first date spot. You don't have to publish this comment, I just did not have a way to get in touch with you! Here is my contact information: cassidyodom@yahoo.com & 281-684-5577-cell. Take care!
Post a Comment